DreamStation.cc is providing these live updates from the Nintendo Press Conference in Los Angeles, CA for E3 2009.
Below are the highlights from the press conference as they are announced: (please refresh for new updates)
- Cammie Dunaway is on the stage at the Nokia Theater talking about how everybody is playing games. Showing people playing Nintendo DS and Wii.
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii announced.
- 1 - 4 players at a time. Pick up and carry other players. Throw other players. Looks similar to New Super Mario Bros. for Nintendo DS.
- Looks like New Super Mario Bros. for DS but better Wii graphics.
- 2.5D design. Flag at end of level.
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Coming Holiday 2009.
- Wii Fit shown and talked about. Best selling video game in the United States and around the World since launch. 15 million sold.
- Wii Fit Plus - Find the workout routine that is right for you. 6 new strength and yoga activities. Combine them in any order you want. Remove in-between screens to make workout flow and be continuous. 15 new balance games - Juggling, Skateboarding, Perfect 10 (Brain Age for your backside), Mario style mini game, and more. Available Fall 2009.
- Reggie Fils-Aimé talking about Wii MotionPlus controller add-on. Precision control is the added benefit.
- Video showing Wii Sports Resort - Sword mimics your every move. Bow and arrow, golf club, ping pong, basketball, water skiing, kayaking, and frisbee.
- Wii MotionPlus - Detects movement in 3D while skydiving. Turn, twist, dive, grab friends, & control movement in the air with the remote.
- Archery in Wii Sports Resort w/ Wii MotionPlus - Accurate bow and arrow movement. Panning left and right and up and down is mimicked.
- Wii Sports Resort - Basketball - 3-point shooting. Reach down grab the ball and then shoot flicking your wrist.
- Wii Sports Resort coming in July 2009.
- Tiger Woods PGA Golf 10 coming packed with Wii MotionPlus.
- Virtua Tennis 2009 will support Wii MotionPlus.
- Red Steel 2 will ONLY be playable with Wii MotionPlus.
- Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers coming to Wii.
- Mario & Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story - RPG for Nintendo DS. Coming Fall 2009.
- Golden Sun DS for Nintendo DS announced.
- James Patterson Women’s Murder Club: Games of Passion for Nintendo DS - Coming October 2009. Murder mystery game coming to Nintendo DS. Hold your DS sideways like Brain Age and inspect for clues.
- Cop: The Recruit for Nintendo DS - Grittier police game.
- Style Savvy for Nintendo DS shown. It is a game for teenage girls. Shop world wide and dress up your characters.
- Nintendo DSi has sold 1 million units in United States since launch. 400,000 Nintendo DS Lites sold in that same time frame.
- Flipnote Studio for Nintendo DSi - Movie maker for Nintendo DS coming this summer.
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again for Nintendo DSi announced. Coming June 8, 2009.Only available as a download for DSi.
- New WarioWare for Nintendo DSi shown.
- Upload photos taken with your Nintendo DSi to Facebook with your Nintendo DSi later this year.
- The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks for Nintendo DS playable at E3 2009.
- Satoru Iwata is on-stage talking about gaming and how they need to appeal to casual and hard core gamers. They believe that a lot of their games are for everyone.
- Wii Vitality Sensor - Detects pulse and heartbeat. See the information about your body. Achieve greater relaxation with it.
- Super Mario Galaxy 2 for Wii announced. - New levels. Still in space and the sky.
- Sega’s The Conduit - First Person Shooter made exclusively for Wii. Coming in 3 weeks.
- Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles for Wii. New Resident Evil game coming from Capcom.
- Dead Space: Extraction - New game in the franchise exclusively for Wii coming from Electronic Arts.
- Metroid: Other M - Team Ninja working together with Nintendo to create a mature Metroid game for Wii. Coming in 2010.
The following is the transcript from the DreamStation.cc Twitter Feed of the Nintendo E3 2009 Press Conference:
For more information visit the Nintendo at E3 2009 website.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.