DreamStation.cc provided these live updates from the Sony Press Conference in Los Angeles, CA for E3 2009.
Below are the highlights from the press conference as they were announced:
- The Sony E3 Press Conference has begun. PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2, and PSP montage being shown.
- Jack Tretton, President and CEO SCEA, is talking about Sony and their leaked PSP Go information and all the different coverage of the conference.
- PlayStation 2 is now $99 and selling well. Still committed to the platform. Perfect family console. 100 new titles coming in 2009.
- 13 million PlayStation 3 have been sold.
- PlayStation Network - 24 million accounts worldwide.
- Uncharted 2: Among Thieves for PlayStation 3 from Naughty Dog being discussed and shown. Uncharted 2 Multiplayer Beta begins tonight.
- MAG for PlayStation 3 - First Person Shooter. 256 player online live battle being shown in real-time at the conference. The game will be running live on the E3 Expo show floor with 256 players. Coming Fall 2009.
- Over 50 million PSP units have been sold worldwide.
- Hannah Montana PSP Bundle coming later this year. Pink PSP to appeal to teenage girls.
- Kazuo Harai has revealed the PSP Go! - Will not replace the PSP 3000 (current PSP) or the UMD. 50% smaller and 40% lighter than the original PSP 1000.
- PSP Go! - 16GB of Internal Memory - M2 MemoryStick Micro port. Built-in Wi-Fi. Integrated Bluetooth.
- Media Go - Replaces Media Manager for PSP on your PC. Allows you to download and transfer games and data to PSP from PC.
- Sense Me - Deliver a playlist of music for you based on your mood and occasion.
- Lower price of PSP toolkits to allow more developers to develop PSP software cheaper.
- All new PSP games will be available for download or on UMD at retail. You can choose the version you want to buy.
- PSP Go! = $249.99 - Available October 21, 2009 in North America. November 1, 2009 in Japan.
- Gran Turismo PSP - 800 cars - 35 tracks - Single Player - Time Trial - Full size Gran Tursimo experience. It is not a shunken version of GT.
- Race with up to 4-players in Gran Turismo PSP. Trade cars with your friends to collect all of them. Connecting in Ad-Hoc mode and play with your friends is an important part of Gran Turismo PSP.
- Gran Turismo PSP coming October 1, 2009.
- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker for PSP - 10 years after Metal Gear Solid 3. Set in the 1970s. True sequel to Metal Gear Solid 3. Hideo Kojima is fully involved with the development of the game.
- Resident Evil: Portable for PSP - Coming in 2010. Game designed specifically for PSP.
- PSP games coming in 2009: LittleBigPlanet, Jak & Daxter, MotorStorm, SOCOM, Monster Hunter, SoulCalibur, Hannah Montana, Harry Potter, Tiger Woods PGA Golf, Rock Band, and a lot more.
- Final Fantasy VII coming to PlayStation Store today. 50 PSOne classic games coming this year.
- PlayStation Home - 6.5 million people worldwide using it. 85% return users. 100 new items available each month.
- PlayStation 3 Games: Uncharted 2, Batman, Dirt 2, Buzz!, Ice Age 3, Brutal Legends, Tiger Woods PGA Golf, Rock Band, Katamari Damacy, Fight Night, God of War III, and a lot more.
- Lost Planet 2 Coming in 2010 to PlayStation 3.
- Agent from Rockstar Games exclusively for PlayStation 3 coming next year.
- Assassin’s Creed II for PlayStation 3 - Italian Renaissance is the era for this new game. You learn to become an assassin as you go through the game. Leonardo Da Vinci helps you by create new weapons and items to use. New hang glider to fly through the environment to get to your enemies. 30 different weapons available in the game. Play Assassin’s Creed: Bloodlines on your PSP to unlock more weapons in the PS3 game. Coming Holiday 2009.
- Final Fantasy XIII coming to PlayStation 3 in Spring 2010.
- Final Fantasy XIV: Online coming exclusively to PlayStation 3 in 2010.
- Motion Controller - New Controller for PlayStation 3 - Coming Spring 2010
- Internal motion sensors. Glowing sphere on the end that the PlayStation Eye can detect. Live tech demos being shown at the press conference.
- Hold anything in your hand - Sword, fan, stop sign, golf club, flashlight, baseball bat, gun, and whip.
- Reach into the scene. Build things by grabbing items.
- Draw and write on a board using the new controller.
- Spray paint on a wall. Splatter paint. Create a painting.
- Lay out dominos on the screen using the new controller and then knock them down.
- Real-time strategy games made easier by drawing path and selecting troops.
- Real-time combat - Swing swords, throw stars, and launch arrows. Control your character on screen with the new controller. Drop to one knee and it will show your on-screen character do the same.
- ModNation Racers- Coming in 2010
- New Play, Create, Share game coming to PlayStation 3. Next game to follow the path of LittleBigPlanet. Mario Kart style racing game.
- Create characters - They have a style similar to collectible toy industry designs.
- Pick up and play control.
- Track Studio - Create tracks using the tool to create your own tracks to race on. Create by playing. Drive around the level creator to make the track.
- Change surface type by dragging over track.
- Make mountains and lakes by dragging brush around to make them. Smooth hills and spray dirt down with the brush. Add trees by moving the brush around the screen.
- Add a village with trees and houses by just dragging the brush around the track.
- Add weapons by moving around the track and drop them in.
- Add sheep to the track. SHEEP!!!
- Lighting added by moving the sun around to get the right shadows.
- Upload your track online for others to play and remix.
- The Last Guardian for PlayStation 3 - 3rd title in the trilogy that is made up of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus.
- Gran Turismo 5 for PlayStation 3 - NASCAR is include in Gran Turismo 5. Yes, NASCAR!!!
- God of War III - Trailer and gameplay footage playing. - Huge enemies! Same fast-paced gameplay. Cool flaming chain effect. A lot of stuff going on all at the same time. At least ten enemies, plus a huge molten lava creature in the background. Demo is live on E3 2009 show floor. Coming March 2010 exclusively to PlayStation 3.
The following is the transcript from the DreamStation.cc Twitter Feed of the Sony E3 2009 Press Conference:
For more information visit PlayStation.com E3 2009 site and PlayStation Home on your PlayStation 3.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.