DreamStation.cc is providing these live updates from the Ubisoft Press Conference in Los Angeles, CA for E3 2009.
Below are the highlights from the press conference as they are announced:
- U Share, U Play, U Win, U Help discussed. These different products will help support Ubisoft games.
- Ubisoft will be working with Peter Jackson and Steven Spielberg to create games.
- Wii Motion Plus will work with Red Steel 2.
- James Cameron Avatar Movie game coming from Ubisoft.
- Release of short movies based on Assassin’s Creed 2 universe in the Fall.
- James Cameron explained some about Avatar: Began design on Avatar 4 years ago(had idea 14 yrs ago but technology not able to do at that time).
- Release date for Avatar movie December 19th.
- 9 yrs to develop cameras that capture movements.
- Game should exist parallel to movie. Have their own characters, etc. but stay in the environment and universe of the Avatar movie.
- Ubisoft had access to all CGI from the movie, even some of Ubisoft’s ideas for the game were incorporated into the movie.
- Avatar game will be 1st major stereoscopic 3D title done from it’s inception.
- Red Steel 2 based in the desert. New hero is a gunslinger samurai.
- Harder you swing Wii remote with motion plus the more damage is done.
- Combat in Red Steel 2 is very physically involving and the new Wii remote seems to interpret well.
- Runs at about 60 fps.
- Red Steel 2 bundled with Wii MotionPlus at launch.
- Shaun White Snowboarding World Stage coming to Wii.
- Academy of Champions Football for Nintendo Wii is set to come out from Ubisoft. It is a soccer game with Pele in it. It has 3D animated cartoon characters.
- Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction will be more fast paced.
- Conviction is about Sam Fischer. He has left the agency and is out on his own investigating his daughter’s death.
- In Splinter cell Conviction can use any part of the environment. It is interactive and destructible. Story told in real time with seamless transitions between environments.
- New game play feature mark and execute. Can be done from anywhere in the environment.
- Gadgets still important part of Sam’s arsenal.
- Splinter Cell Conviction released this Fall exclusively for Xbox360 and PC.
- “Imagine” is the biggest selling Ubisoft games on Nintendo DS by a 3rd party publisher.
- Integration, Interconnectivity, and Invention are 3 major things for tween games.
- Fastest growing genre is fitness.
- New game that uses a camera which scans your shape and then places you in the game and develops a routine that is best for your body type and shape. Called “Your Shape”. Coming to Wii this holiday season.
- Allows you to work hands free and use exercise things you have at home.
- Utilizes USB port on the Wii.
- Rabbids Go Home has the rabbids trying to go home. Their plan is to build a giant pile to get to their home on the moon.
- Can customize your own rabbid and then use him in the game.
- Skate parks where you can use your shopping cart and do tricks, jumps etc.
- TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles) celebrating 25 years.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Smash Up coming Fall 2009.
- Assassin’s Creed 2 out November 22, 2009.
- Assassin’s Creed 2 based in the Renaissance time period.
The transcript from our DreamStation.cc Twitter Feed with all the updates from the press conference is available here:
For more information about Ubisoft at E3 2009 visit Events.Ubi.com.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.