Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Maladventures of DreamStation.cc - Ep. 8: Netzcaper (New!)
DreamStation.cc Forums > General > General Discussion
Redeema
Episode 1 - Starring: Hucast, Sunfir66, Redeema

Episode 2 - Starring: Hucast, Redeema, and Introducing Omega71

Episode 3 - Starring: Sunfir66, Redeema (or Hucast), and Introducing cnc137

Episode 4 - Starring: cnc137, Hucast, Redeema, Uncredited actress. Special cameo by Omega71.

Episode 5 'Monarch of the Mountain' - Starring Hucast, Redeema, and Omega

Episode 6 'E3 Awesome' Starring cnc137 and Redeema

Episode 7 'Wee You' Starring Red, Hu, and Sun

Episode 8 - 'Netzcaper' Starring Red and Hucast

Ok, first of all, I know it's not that great. I wanted to keep going, but there are limitations on the basic animation app. It looks like they're going to be expanding it and as it does, I will try to make the series bigger and better (and hopefully funnier). I make no promises as to when I will be able to create the next episode, but I hope I can do one at least every other week. Please visit the YouTube page or our new GoAnimate page and give it the thumbs up and all that good stuff. If you've got an idea, let me know, if I can work it in, I will. That's all. Thanks.
cnc137
I like it and wouldn't mind seeing more if you have the time to make them. This reminds me of the story you guys had going on the forums a few years ago about all of us via The Sims screenshots. Could any of that come over to this new enhanced version?
Hucast
I loled real hard at this.

Half because it wasn't half bad, and half because it's so poorly made and I look like John Hodgman.

I particularly liked the pause before "Buy a purse."
Redeema
I'm certainly taking ideas for the next episode. Also, it's not clear who is who with the exception of sunfir66. You can be whoever you want, I don't care one way or the other. Thanks for kind words. I think they were kind.
omega71
needs more omega
Hucast
I didn't mean poorly made as an insult, that's obviously the software you used. That everyone's mouth is moving all the time adds to the charm. Also, it looks like Seth Macfarlane drew it.

I was assuming this was a thing you threw together in five minutes, I wasn't prepared for the dialogue to be as solid as it was.

I think I assumed Red was the guy in the hoodie cuz it's red and also Sun says hi to him first and he's closer. Maybe it should be an on going thing that you can't tell which is who.
Redeema
I wasn't offended. There may be a problem, though. I thought it was completely free, but it appears that it's only free for a certain amount of time, as in I ran out of dialogue 'credits', which is why the last bit is just thought out. 50 clips/month is what they allow on their basic site. This was animated through the app on youtube. Premium membership for a year is about $60! If I thought I could recoup that I would pay, but maybe I'll try to track down a free/cheaper alternative. If anyone knows of any let me know.
sunfir66
Ahahahahahahahahha I love this!! Red, I want to invest some money. About twofitty.
Seriously. We need better music and I may have a good solution...I'll pm you about that. What else can I do to help??

**You know, this is also new enough that if we jump on the bandwagon now, I'll bet with the DSCC sites' creds, we could get beta stuff from the makers of the program. Possibly even featured on their advertising?
Redeema
Episode 2 is now up. Featuring Omega! Enjoy.
omega71
I lol'ed wholeheartedly.
Hucast
QUOTE(omega71 @ Mar. 29, 2011, 02:33 PM) *
I lol'ed wholeheartedly.

QFT

Keep on keepin' on Red.
Redeema
New episode up. Glad you guys like it, I'm working on getting characters that would more resemble what I imagine us to look like (including myself, I've never seen my reflection or a photo). It's taking a little longer than I expected because I'm trying to do it without spending money.
sunfir66
You didn't mention two fitty! And Omega and Hu should have been looking for the Emperor Cobra... Snake>Donkey

I laughed at the part where you just drop flat. Does the music always stop so far in, or can you time it?
Redeema
I can stretch the music if I like. What I don't think I can do with the basic app is fade in or out. I can import my own music and/or voices if I really wanted to, but that may be part of the extra package. I'm trying to keep this cost effective, but we'll see how it goes. There is a discussion of whether to invest a little bit o' cash (about two fitty), but knowing my half-assedness I don't want to waste peoples money when I stop doing this, but for the time being I'm enjoying it. Apparently they sell prepaid cards with funds that you can use to buy extras for the 'toons or there is a full fledged bonus and perks package upgrade that you can get in on as well.

In the meantime it would mean a lot to me if people just spread the word about the videos to give me incentive to keep up with them. You don't need to be in on the people to get the jokes.
Hucast
cnc is a southern robot! BRILLIANT.
Redeema
Ok, episode 4 is up. I used the slightly more feature packed, but still free version of the GoAnimate app. I can't download to my harddrive without paying $1 or upgrading to the GoPlus package. I may go back to the other version, but we get points and stuff for views, so I may stick with it this way for now. I don't know if an upgrade is in the works or not. We'll see how it goes.
Redeema
New ep up. This is what I had been working on for a while. I needed to create the characters that would resemble the real thing...for free. I didn't work on anything last week because their site was down. This is a little old and rather short, but you can see a little more where it's going. Now, can someone tell me why the thread has 1500 views, but only a total of about 100 views on youtube/goanimate?
Hucast
Righteous.

It's prolly on account of people end up here looking for info on "goanimate", which appears in this thread like 800 times, not to actually watch anything. Even so, traffic is traffic, no?
omega71
Do you want pics of us or something for reference?

Also thumbs up for this episode!
Redeema
Long time no work, so I finally came up with something new. Episode 6 E3 Awesome featuring a cast of two: cnc137 and me. I'll work the rest of you guys in next time. Comments welcome.
Hucast
This is...not your best work.
Redeema
No love for Farley? Or do you really just mean to say it was awesome? Oh well, they can't all be gold.
Hucast
It's just...you know...in comparison to your early stuff...
Redeema
7 up...and if you thought last weeks was a new low. I haven't even come close to reaching rock bottom yet.
Hucast
I would play the ###### out of every game you listed.

Ok, like half of them.

Loled real hard at the last line.

Also, I like your racing to the bottom spirit. Godspeed good sir.
ultreia
Seems pretty obvious to me, at least, that the week 7 episode thread should simply be available early for those LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET THE ###### SERVICE :tantrum:. In theory it's not really different from the International folks seeing the episodes a day later than we in the States do.
Hucast
Yeah Red, GIVE US THE WEEK 7 EPISODE THREAD EARLY.
omega71
QUOTE(ultreia @ Jun. 13, 2011, 08:39 AM) *
Seems pretty obvious to me, at least, that the week 7 episode thread should simply be available early for those LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET THE ###### SERVICE :tantrum:. In theory it's not really different from the International folks seeing the episodes a day later than we in the States do.

Redeema
Spammer, I need you to follow me on GoAnimate.com and then you'll be the first to know when a new 'toon is up.

Gathering up some ideas for episode 8, nothing gold yet, but Thursday would be the likeliest day for a new one. If you have ideas, I'm listening.
sunfir66
YES!! You got my greatest WoW accomplishment immortalized- my Pinchy!! It's not a "Lobster Arm" lol!
Redeema
Ok first of all I didn't even know I was still doing this, but lo and behold I made another episode. Yay! Number 8! Who ever thought it would be still going on? Not me. Luckily the CW picked it up the rest of the season because they'll pretty much air anything.

Second of all, I have no idea what Sun's Pinchy is, I put a random prop on your arm and thought it would be funny. Maybe it's funny because it's true? Who knows.

Third of all this episode stars just two people, Hucast and myself. Nothing major. It's titled: Netzcaper You can view it using that link or embedded in the original post at the top of the thread.

Enjoy.
sunfir66
I love the dialogue; you need to record your own voice and it would be perfect. Also, the shark was slightly distracting, but Mr. Fluffykins brought it right back.
Redeema
Thanks, Sun. You're my biggest fan. My voice sucks, I like the robotic sound of the characters, plus writing AND recording is way too time consuming. I don't outline or write anything until I'm in the middle of creating a 'toon.

Sorry that the shark was a distraction. That makes two people complaining about it. Also, it's Mr. Fuffykins not Fluffykins. I've got a concept for another episode already, so you may see another show this week...don't count on it, I don't want anyone to get their hopes up. This way you can be pleasantly surprised if something magical makes its way onto the Internet from my laptop.

The only real problem was the sticky magic wand, but maybe that's what they do, yeah, that's it. You can't get rid of it once you've cast a spell and the two of you are bound together for eternity. 'Bind on equip' is that what it's called? Whatever, whatever.
Hucast
I was being completely serious when I said the shark should be added to the main cast.

And I may have said this before, but I'm also a fan of the poorly synced robo-voices.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.