Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Game Deals Worth Mentioning
DreamStation.cc Forums > General > General Discussion
Redeema
I think I'll just make a thread with some game deals because I get a bunch of them emailed to me or the news account, but since we don't have deals with any of these companies, I never post them on the main page, but I'll post them for you guys just because the forums need some activity. Could I put this somewhere else? Yes, but since they're not all going to be PC game deals, I'll post them here. Feel free to contribute.

Plants vs. Zombies 75% off on PopCap Games for 48 hours only - Fun game. Not the best replay value, unless you feel the need to unlock everything.

Street Fighter IV -iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad - $1.99 down $3

9 Innings: Pro Baseball 2011
$0.99 down $2

My Paper Plane 2 for Android free from Amazon App Store (non Att only)

Arma II Free download (somewhat crippled and not available yet, but free is free, I guess)

Redeema
Glow Hockey 2 for Android Free via Amazon Store

3D Pool Master X D Free in iTunes for iPhone and iPad link refuses to work for some reason: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/3d-pool-mas...d413427806?mt=8
Redeema
Going on at Target beginning this Sunday:
**Receive a free $25 Target GiftCard with the purchase of a Nintendo 3DS, which includes a depth slider to increase or reduce 3D content, $249.99.

**Grab Zelda: Ocarina of Time on 3DS and receive 50% off any Nintendo 3DS game.

**Pick up a Nintendo DS Lite at the new price of $99.99.

**Receive a free Cars 2 Movie Ticket (up to an $8.50 value) with purchase of Cars 2 on sale for Xbox 360 or PS3 at $59.99, Wii at $49.99 and DS for $29.99 (available Tues., June 21).

Games for Windows Deals
Blacklight Tango Down 50% Off
Redeema
Amazon gold box event all day today, most of the games are unknown right now, so you'll have to check back frequently to see what they're going to hook you up with, but maybe they'll have something you're looking for.
Hucast
Went to check out the goldbox thing and discovered amazon has the same Zelda + one game at 50% off deal as Target. It's not for EVERY game though, but you do get to avoid going to Target. I wonder how long this lasts, I wasn't planning on picking up Zelda in the next few days, but I might have to now...
Redeema
They usually go as long as the original competitor does, so figure this deal to go through until Saturday.
Also, it's posted in bOb's thread, but Toys R Us is doing the two games for $50 deal right now,

F.E.A.R. 3
Mortal Kombat
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Portal 2
L.A. Noire

Here's the Xbox LIVE Marketplace deals for this week, all Popcap Games:

PopCap Collection Original Price/ Discounted Price/ Discount
Plants vs. Zombies 1200 / 600 / 50%
Peggle 800 / 400 / 50%
Peggle Nights 400 / 200 / 50%
Zuma 400 / 200 / 50%
Feeding Frenzy 400 / 200 / 50%
Feeding Frenzy 2 800 / 400 / 50%
Bejeweled 2 800 / 400 / 50%
Bejeweled Blitz Live 800 / 200 / 75%
Heavy Weapon 800 / 400 / 50%
Redeema
Xbox LIVE deal on Amazon hooks you up with 800 points free when you buy a 3 month subscription card for $21 not bad considering that 800 MSP= $10. One month= $9. You can do the math.

Redeema
Direct2Drive sales (copied and pasted from their press email to us):

Head to Direct2Drive.com and save up to 75% on hit 2K Games like BioShock, Sid Meier's Civilization V and Mafia II.

This sale ends Monday, June 27th at 10:00 a.m. PDT, so hurry!

Also, don't forget EA Week ends this Sunday. Below is a sneak peek of what you can expect to see this weekend.

Friday - 60% OFF Battlefield Titles! Fight through overgrown jungles and icy mountains, blow up buildings, fire tank shells and fly helicopters across a variety of massive maps.

Saturday - 50% OFF of Crysis and Crysis 2! Arm yourself with futuristic weaponry and military intelligence while you battle hostile creatures determined to obliterate the human race.

Sunday - 50% OFF of Dead Space and Dead Space 2! Confront the twisted, mutated crew of a mining spaceship and fight for survival in the massive city known as the "Sprawl."

Over at Target beginning tomorrow:
Target® has teamed up with Microsoft for two days of incredible savings on the Xbox 360 with Kinect bundle ($299.99). Guests who purchase the bundle this Saturday and Sunday (June 26-27) will get a free $100 Target GiftCard®.

Microsoft’s Xbox 360 with Kinect bundle includes: 4GB console, Kinect sensor, Kinect Adventures game, built in Wi-Fi, Xbox LIVE and one wireless controller.

The offer is valid at all 1,755 Target stores nationwide. Regularly, the Kinect sensor kit retails for $149.99 and the 4GB console for $199.99; with the free $100 GiftCard, 5 percent REDCard Rewards and Target Electronics Trade-in service, Target’s deal is the best around.

Bejeweled 3 50% off for PC Until June 28
http://www.popcap.com/games/
Redeema
Amazon Gold Box All Day, WoW Cataclysm, $19.99. I doubt anyone has held off on buying it until now, but maybe...?

Gamersgate
Bioshock 2 $5
Bioshock 1 $5
Redeema
Deus EX Invisible War 50% on Games for Windows LIVE
Redeema
Child of Eden $29.99 at GameStopOnline only

Capcom Platinum hits Triple Pack (Includes Devil May Cry 4, Dead Rising, and Lost Planet)
$9.99 @ Best Buy
ChronoTrigga
Oh yeah, Steam Summer Sale is going on btw.
omega71
QUOTE(ChronoTrigga @ Jul. 3, 2011, 04:42 AM) *
Oh yeah, Steam Summer Sale is going on btw.

I cannot quote this enough.

I just bought Final Fantasy 11 for 13 bucks, Star Wars KotOR for two fiddy, Garrys Mod for a buck fiddy and GTA series which includes GTA 1, 2, 3, Vice City, and San Andreas for seven fiddy.
Redeema
Disney Epic Mickey for Wii $17.99
Redeema
Buy 2 Get 1 Free games on Amazon.com

Buy 2 Get 1 Free at Best Buy stores (All games, includes PC)

L.A. Noire $35 @ Kmart

Buy 1 get 1 50% off games $19.99 or less at Toys R Us
Redeema
Fruit Ninja free on Android Market.
Redeema
Lightning Deals on Amazon.com:

Transformers Dark of the Moon (Over)
Sniper: Ghost Warrior LD (Over)
Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 (Over)
Coming up @ 2PM Clue: Have fun and get fit.
Coming @ 4PM: Jazz Jackrabbit's (fairly) distant cousin
Coming @ 5PM: Arcade style fighting on your Xbox 360
Coming @ 7PM: The bugs are back (This could be Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon)

All day long Brink is $19.99
Redeema
It's been a while, but it appears as though Target is doing a buy two get one free deal next week just in time for Uncharted 3, Modern Warfare 3, and some other high profile releases. If you were planning on getting something Batman Arkham City or Battlefield 3 this week, maybe wait until next and grab them on the cheap.
Redeema
This weekend only Assassin's Creed Revelations is $48 if you preorder at Newegg using coupon code: EMCYTZT870

Redeema
Jetpack Joyride is free today in the iTunes Store.
Redeema
Newegg has Capcom X Street Fighter Xbox 360 for $45 using this coupon code: EMCYTZT1116

Deal expires at the end of tonight.
Hucast
Nights: Journey Of Dreams is, for some reason, $2.96 on Amazon.

I picked it up cheap (not that cheap) somewhere a while back, haven't put much time in but it's definitely worth three dollars.
Redeema
You guys, the X-Arcade stick is on sale for half price to celebrate their 12 year anniversary. Sale ends on the 31st, so if you have any intention of ever getting one of these, I'm not sure they've ever been cheaper. I do wish they still sold the single stick, but this is every bit as good, just twice as big. The adapters aren't on sale unfortunately, but you can add those later individually. I'm really thinking of getting one since I missed out on their Christmas deal.

Oh, also, a year of Xbox LIVE is on sale at Best Buy for $34.99, which is about as good as it gets right now.
Redeema
I bought the X-Arcade stick. It's still sitting boxed in my house because I didn't buy any adapters for it. Fry's carries the PS3 adapter locally and I thought they were too expensive. I'll pick them up eventually, though. I mostly want the 360 version and then I'll pick up a fighting game or two.

Anyway, Final Fantasy anniversary on PlayStation Network. I just bought Final Fantasy VII and FF Tactics because there are so few good tactical games. They were both half price for $5 and for that price I felt like I couldn't pass on them. Go get if you're a little nostalgic. Also, for the record I still own the disc versions of both games, but I'm not about to dig up my old PS1 to play them and I don't own a PS2, so that's out of the equation. Just thought people might be interested.
Redeema
Guys! http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp...ries&ks=960Best Buy has a good President's Day sale. There's a bunch of stuff, but the highlights include:

$15.00
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (3DS)
Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS)
Darksiders II (PS3/360)
Pokemon Black/White 2 (DS)

$20.00
Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)
LittleBigPlanetKarting (PS3)
Resident Evil 6 (PS3/360)

$30.00
Borderlands 2 (PS3/360)

And more, see the link above. Most of these are sold out online, but you should be able to do an in-store pickup. That's what I did, and I'm out $38, but I got Paper Mario and Layton for a steal. Only thing that might've made this better would have been Scribblenauts for Wii U for $24 or $30, or even Darksiders 2 for Wii U at that $15. Oh, well. I've got two AAA 3DS games and a reason to lug it around until I find a copy of Fire Emblem.
Hucast
Man, good find. Fire Emblem was gonna be my next purchase but I might get in on this instead. Why is Fire Emblem $64 on Amazon it just came out.

Semi-related story: Best Buy is making online price matching permanent. It was an anti-showrooming holiday promotion but now it's their regular policy.
Redeema
In the past couple of weeks, I've been to a couple of Target's, a Best Buy, a Walmart and a Fry's, and maybe one other place or two and have yet to see a single copy of Fire Emblem. It seems to be sold out at most places. It's $64 on Amazon, but they're not the seller. At this point I'm hoping for a sale, but hoping more for a second run of those copies, there's no way we never see another copy again. It's supposed to be fantastic, but I don't have the money for this after just picking up that stick and two adapters for a total of $150. This is a great deal and you know first party Nintendo games hold their price, so don't expect to find them any cheaper anytime soon.

Edit: Just saw that WoW and expansions are half off, so if you've always wanted to get in this is a pretty good time, or maybe you just want the expansions.

Edit 2: It appears as though Amazon has matched those prices. Target will also match for those who are impatient.
walnut100
I found a copy of Fire Emblem at my local Best Buy yesterday, they're creeping up slowly.

Best bet to find one before the first DLC stops being free (March 6th? Give yourself some time because you have to get to Chapter 4 to download it) is to check BestBuy.com's store locator by your zip and then order online for in-store pickup. You'll probably wait in line for an hour because Best Buy is a poorly managed business but the game is worth it
Hucast
I copped it at Wal-Mart earlier. They had enough copies that I couldn't see how many exactly. It was on the top shelf though and I'm not eight feet tall. When I specified the 3DS case, dude said "let me guess, Fire Emblem" so I guess it's moving pretty well. It's actually nice a game like this is so popular, even if it is making it hard to find. But I'm still kinda mad I'ma be playing it on my 3DS instead of Wii U.

Thanks for the DLC tip Walnut, didn't know there even was any free DLC and I'm not gonna have much time to play this week.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.