Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Resident Evil Mercinaries: Only one save file ever.
DreamStation.cc Forums > General > General Discussion
Hucast
This is really more of an industry thing than a 3DS thing. The game will support one unerasable save file. Ever. To combat used game sales. Awesome. All this does is make a sealed copy absurdly valuable in a few years.

But really, this is ridiculous. Is there any other industry that fights the secondary market like this? What happens if I screw up and save while out of ammo and locked in a room before a boss? I've ruined my game forever? And let's not forget about the fact that after the game goes out of print used sales have no effect on Capcom. This is just... I don't even...
Redeema
I saw it getting panned on Amazon earlier. It's really weird and I wonder if there's a magical way (up, up, down, down...etc) to wipe the card, or if they could do it via eShop update (purchase?), or if this will hurt sales so bad that they'll recall the game and put out a more user friendly version? I understand trying to kill the secondary market, EA is doing it with all new releases, it now costs $10 to play online a used game that has already had its included code used, but not offering an option just shoots yourself in the foot with bazooka. Maybe I'll give it a few weeks and decide whether to stockpile some sealed copies, though.
bOb
Wow, that's the most horrible idea ever. Good job Capcom. Good job. Just make things digital already if they're going to be that bad about it.
omega71
This was one of the reasons I did not buy the game, I am one of those type of people that likes to start over no matter where in the game I am in if I missed something or screwed up.

Plus, this is just a portable rehash of the timed missions from RE 4 and 5..

I will wait for Revelations instead.
Jordan Gerwin
QUOTE(omega71 @ Jul. 1, 2011, 04:47 AM) *
This was one of the reasons I did not buy the game, I am one of those type of people that likes to start over no matter where in the game I am in if I missed something or screwed up.

Plus, this is just a portable rehash of the timed missions from RE 4 and 5..

I will wait for Revelations instead.

Good idea. I have to say I agree with you! And definitely we won't wait too long.
AlexMurphy
Very smart, but very stupid. Capcom, do, please, the same with RE6! You're going totally crazy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.