Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Google+
DreamStation.cc Forums > General > General Discussion
Erickarim
ok so the new myspace/facebook/tweeter is up. second attempt from google.

https://plus.google.com/up/start/?sw=1&type=st

i got invited but its not working for me rigth now.
Redeema
Oh, sure. Now the doctor is available. Every time the PlayStation Network is unavailable he stops playing Black Ops just long enough to post here...

I signed up to see what's up.

Hucast
Dude, help your old dscc pals out if/when you actually get in. Apparently there was a brief period of unlimited inviting last night (default is 15 invites) and then the whole thing was shut down due to overwhelming demand. It sounds pretty rad. Not to mention there's so much animosity toward facebook, at least amongst the more tech-minded/early adopter types like ourselves, that I've been waiting for a while for that one hot new thing to finally push facebook into its inevitable decline. Maybe this is it. Anyway, idea, whoever (Eric) that gets on first just has to invite one of us, then second in line invites the next and so on. We could get everybody an invite quick and everyone would still have plenty of invites left.

edit/big ups to Eric who invited me as I was typing this. I'll get you in a second Red.
Redeema
I'm in, so if anyone else wants in and I can help, I will.
Erickarim
looks nice, i like the strong emphasis on circles, fb can be this selective but its a pain to make lists.

i like.. errr +1 it.
bOb
I'm in too btw guys add me at gmail 'bobdrakken'
ChronoTrigga
Gib invite plox.
Hucast
Need yr email dude.

At the moment the invite loophole seems to be infinite so if you didn't get in yet post and I'm sure one of us will help maybe if we like you.
omega71
Want invite as well, but first, will this work with the dreamstation.cc email account or do I actually have to use my WoW gmail account for this?
ChronoTrigga
edited out
omega71
Send me one to edited out

apparently the dreamstation.cc account isnt valid enough.
Redeema
So, without knowing what my Mexican urologist was doing, I found that I had the invites in my gmail account that goes by the same name as the dreamstation account. I didn't create the gmail with that name, I think gmail did and I decided to check it, which I never do, and lo and behold it was there. You may want to check that out...

Edit: The two of you should both have invites. Also, both my dreamstation.cc and gmail accounts are tied to this, but for some reason the gmail is listed as the primary, and like I said, I don't even use that email and I can't remove it at this point either. Sucks.
Hucast
I invited you yesterday Omega. From what I understand you don't need gmail, but you need a google account. What I'm finding frustrating is people whom I have multiple addresses for in my contacts keep showing up in suggestions even though I already have them in circles.
omega71
Ok, this is kind of confusing me..I have a google profile thru my DScc addy. I got two invites, one from Hu and one from Dr Drunk..

This is what I am coming up with when I click the "learn more"

So I try to create a profile, even though I think I have one..it gives me this

WTF
Redeema
Again, I think you sign in under the same name as your dreamstation.cc mail account, but through gmail. The two accounts will be linked because I didn't do anything to link them. So if your dreamstation account was

hotdawg@dreamstation.cc you may also have a gmail account: hotdawg@gmail.com, use the gmail account to sign in and see if that works. Otherwise, I sent you a gmail share that you should have gotten, at the bottom may or may not be an invite to join, look at it.
sunfir66
So can one of you in beta tell me if this is working with the Google Music beta? I'm on hold because it's filled, but since I'm very active on both my gmail accounts I'm confident I'll get in soon. ** Heading back to Myspace... tongue.gif
Hucast
Google Music isn't integrated into anything yet.

Activeness is irrelevant, once it's open again if you have an invite (and you should) you can use it.

edit/Just came across this:

From what I've experienced, even if you don't get an email from Google asking you to join, just head over to plus.google.com, from a blank unlogged-in session, log in with your account, and your Keep Me Posted Button will change into a Join one, just confirmed with with three of my own gmail accounts.

This method is apparently working right now, but I've not tried it myself.
sunfir66
*sighs

I HAVE tried to do the join thing, also through separate browser pages and various ways... a message comes up each time telling you they "have exceeded the limit and they will keep you posted as to when it will open up for more users".

I only added in about "being active" because it does help- I got in the music beta, after all. Who else here did...? I have established profiles and contact lists on both of my gmail accounts, so I can hardly believe they would let people into beta who just have a gmail and rarely use it...if that's the case then I don't want in.
Hucast
Hey, I was just sharing what was working for other people at the time I posted it since the invite via share loophole has closed. Sorry.

Ok. Where to start with this. Music is a separate issue, you can ONLY be invited by Google. And I hate to burst your Google-loves-me bubble, but I got two invites, one of which on an account I set up a few months ago and NEVER use. There are literally 5 messages in that inbox, and one is an invite to Google Music.

Google+ invites on the other hand COME FROM USERS. I can send them to whomever I like regardless of how robust their contact list may be. Even if that contact list isn't in gmail. You can't very well beta test a social network if you don't let people in. But if that's really the way you feel have fun at the ruins of facebook.
Hucast
Things are going well with the systems right now so we feel comfortable enough to open up invites for a brief period. Our goal is to double the user base in the field trial. (Sorry, we're not giving details about how many folks are in the field trial yet).

So, in a few minutes, we'll open up invites again.

We continue to throttle invites, so please don't mass invite folks as it won't work. If you invite a handful of your most important friends and family you're much more likely to get these folks into our system.

That was posted by Dave Besbris, Engineering Director of Google+ about ten minutes ago. So if you received an invite but couldn't get in now is the time.
Erickarim
got invites. email me at erickarim ora ora. like real 100% sure invites.
omega71
I am in now btw, I added Hu to my circle, dont know how to add anyone else.
Erickarim
thats like soo freaking easy dude. go tru your mail list and add to circles.
Redeema
So, no one mentioned in all this time that the Dr. called it 'Tweeter'! Hahahahahahahaha. laugh.gif
Erickarim
lol shits tongue.gif
sunfir66
I have 2 Music Beta invites; if anyone would like one holla at meh ~~
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.