Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jobs Resigns as Apple CEO
DreamStation.cc Forums > General > General Discussion
Redeema
Wired.com - Jobs Out Does Apple keep plugging along or does his vision end with his reign? Does anyone care at all? I used to pass Apple HQ everyday when I went to college before they were the 300 lb. gorilla they are now, but never really thought much of it and I'm probably even more indifferent now, but I acknowledge what they've done for the tech world. Your thoughts?
cnc137
Apple is already making some changes after Steve Jobs stepped down as CEO:

- New Apple CEO Tim Cook: 'I'm Thinking Printers'

This could be amazing! Can you imagine how simple printing will be once Apple starts making printers? You will almost be able to just think about printing and their printers will print for you. I can imagine just one big print button that you will click and/or maybe you will just swipe your six fingers up, up, down, down and to print. The printer will also print what you wanted without you even having to open the file first.

Their printers will also have an apps store with related programs that will become very popular. I have also heard that Angry Birds is already in development for their new printer line.
Hucast
QUOTE(Redeema @ Aug. 24, 2011, 07:53 PM) *
Does anyone care at all?

Have you seen the internet lately? Everyone cares. A LOT. I don't think it's THAT big of a deal though. The company is in a far different place than it was last time they were Jobsless. Wall Street doesn't seem real concerned. At this point I think Apple can run itself without him, the only problem I could see would be his absence in product/software development. He's not leaving Apple though so for the time being that won't be an issue either. Dude's not been in the best of health for a long time, he's known he couldn't run the company forever, they're prepared.

I kinda wish they would get into the printer game. Printers are evil.
cnc137
xd.gif haha...

I sent the printer comic link to my father-in-law who just called me tonight stating that his Epson inkjet printer's printhead is clogged and won't print. I think he is going to have to buy a new printer, since he tried the head cleaning function in Windows, but it didn't work.

Anyone have any recommendations for inkjet or laser printers other than Apple's upcoming ones that I can tell him about?
Redeema
QUOTE(cnc137 @ Aug. 25, 2011, 12:16 PM) *
I can imagine just one big print button that you will click and/or maybe you will just swipe your six fingers up, up, down, down and to print.

Hang on because I can't let this slide...six fingers? I've met you in person and I've shaken your hand, but I don't remember six fingers...Though, this would explain the mechanics glove you were wearing everywhere, I just thought that was your E3 gimmick.

I know of someone who is looking for you.
cnc137
I guess that did come out sounding weird. I was trying to say you would need to use two hands, but not all of your fingers to print, since I was joking. I hope everyone realized I was joking above. blink.gif
Knightsword
So I assume due to his physical health problems only his head is being frozen correct?
cnc137
QUOTE(Knightsword @ Aug. 26, 2011, 01:57 PM) *
So I assume due to his physical health problems only his is being frozen correct?

What did I miss? What is being frozen? Will the new Apple printers also include a freezer for your beverages?
bOb
Yeah Tim Cook pretty much got handed the keys to a company that is doing very well for itself. At least he's not taking a role in some company he has to save. biggrin.gif
Knightsword
QUOTE(cnc137 @ Aug. 26, 2011, 04:13 PM) *
QUOTE(Knightsword @ Aug. 26, 2011, 01:57 PM) *
So I assume due to his physical health problems only his is being frozen correct?

What did I miss? What is being frozen? Will the new Apple printers also include a freezer for your beverages?

Whoops, his head
AlexMurphy
Too bad for Apple, I think. Apple without Jobs is like honey without bees.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.