Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NFL Season 2011 (Fantasy Football Anyone?)
DreamStation.cc Forums > General > General Discussion
cnc137

The 2011 NFL football season starts tonight. I am getting ready to watch the New Orleans Saints vs. Green Bay Packers on NBC.

Any predictions on who is going to win the Super Bowl this year?

I am going to vote for the Pittsburgh Steelers, but I will always vote for them. megaman.gif

Any of you play fantasy football? I have always wanted to try it, but have never organized a league. Maybe we should start one here on DreamStation.cc? Can we start one even after the season starts? Anyone even interested in starting one?
Redeema
I tried that here a few years ago, not many participants, but I'll start another one if people show interest. I'm actually in three leagues already, so what's one more? Also, I don't even guess on who's going to make it to the Super Bowl this early it can be anyone at this point in the season. I'll put my vote in for the 49ers even though I don't think they come close to sniffing the trophy.
Hucast
I tell you what, you guys actually make a league and I will join and make my picks based on what team has the best costumes and/or haircuts and/or how much I hate their city. And I will win.
bOb
QUOTE(Hucast @ Sep. 10, 2011, 09:24 PM) *
I tell you what, you guys actually make a league and I will join and make my picks based on what team has the best costumes and/or haircuts and/or how much I hate their city. And I will win.

Agreed. I wish I knew how fantasy football worked.
Redeema
Gah. Fine. This is my fourth league, I don't even normally do more than one, but if you're willing to try it here is the link: Yahoo Fantasy Football - DreamStation the League you can sign up using google, facebook, or other ID's. If you have questions it's all pretty much laid out on the site. Read about the scoring system, and rank your players accordingly. If you have questions I will answer them.

Essentially, you get an all-star team of players. The stats they gain in real life on a weekly basis are the stats they get on your fantasy team. The team with the most points at the end of the day wins. The challenge is predicting who will have a better game against who, for example will Adrian Peterson have a better day than Arian Foster? Which player will I choose to play this week? Is there a better player available than the one I currently have at the same position? It's a numbers game, an RPG of sorts. It's a good way to become a better fan of the game and become more interested in the game in general. Maximum of ten teams, let's fill it up A.S.A.P. that way we can get this started soon. Week one is all but over, so week two will begin our real matchups. I'd prefer to have DS.cc'ers in the league and as commissioner I do have the power to boot strangers, so let me know who you are so that I don't kick you out.
cnc137
Okay, I signed up and created my team called "cnc137".

How do I draft players for my team or will we do that after we get more players in the league?
Redeema
Yes. For now, though, go and pre-rank your players according to how you would like to choose them. The draft will be automated, so the computer will select the best player available for you according to the position, your need, and your pre-rankings.
Hucast
QUOTE(Redeema @ Sep. 11, 2011, 11:59 PM) *
Gah. Fine. This is my fourth league, I don't even normally do more than one, but if you're willing to try it here is the link: Yahoo Fantasy Football - DreamStation the League

Hey, don't whine cuz we called your bluff. You complained no one wanted to play so we're playing. Or at least I am. I guess. I made a team and drafted some guys or whatever.

//////////\\\\\\\\\\//////////\\\\\\\\\\//////////\\\\\\\\\\//////////\\\\\\\\\\//////////\\\\\\\\\\//////////\\\\\\\\\\//////////\\\\\\\\\\

PS signed in with google account. Yahoo is really bumming me out.
Redeema
We need at least one more team to begin the league. Anyone else up for it? The more people the more fun. I'm in a league of 14 and there's a lot of smack talked and bragging rights are up for grabs. It's a good time. I'd like at least 6-8 teams, but if we only get 4 so be it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.