Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NFL Playoffs 2011 Edition/Super Bowl Poll
DreamStation.cc Forums > General > General Discussion
Redeema
Who will win the Super Bowl this season? After a truly Wild Card first weekend of the playoffs, the landscape has changed dramatically. The defending AFC Champs have been bounced by Tim Tebow and the Denver Broncos in *ahem* miraculous fashion. The Atlanta Falcons made a mess of themselves and lost to the New York Giants. The Saints trounced the Detroit Lions, and the quarterback-less Texans won their first ever playoff game against the worst team to make it into the playoffs, the Bengals, who hadn't beaten a team with a winning record all year. So, make your voice heard and rep your pick.

For the record, I've gotta rep my Niners. Top tier defense against a top tier offense in the Saints, something has got to give, right?
bOb
QUOTE(Redeema @ Jan. 10, 2012, 03:10 PM) *
Who will win the Super Bowl this season? After a truly Wild Card first weekend of the playoffs, the landscape has changed dramatically. The defending AFC Champs have been bounced by Tim Tebow and the Denver Broncos in *ahem* miraculous fashion. The Atlanta Falcons made a mess of themselves and lost to the New York Giants. The Saints trounced the Detroit Lions, and the quarterback-less Texans won their first ever playoff game against the worst team to make it into the playoffs, the Bengals, who hadn't beaten a team with a winning record all year. So, make your voice heard and rep your pick.

For the record, I've gotta rep my Niners. Top tier defense against a top tier offense in the Saints, something has got to give, right?

I'm rooting for Green Bay however San Fran is my fallback team if things go sour with them. Otherwise I give up sad.gif I was hoping the Steelers would do better in OT only to be let down with major lulz.
Redeema
I heard Rich Eisen (he of the NFL Network and formerly of ESPN) said of the final play in regulation of the Denver v. Pittsburgh game, 'You can't beat Tim Tebow with a Hail Mary!'.
walnut100
Who Dat
Hucast
This Tim Tebow guy is really proving that old pick your friends but not your family thing. Sundays on facebook: All Hail His Holy Tebowness. Sundays on twitter: Stop it a-holes, God doesn't care about football.

Anyway I'll vote for...Baltimore? I guess? Yeah. Baltimore.
Redeema
QUOTE(walnut100 @ Jan. 11, 2012, 09:22 AM) *
Who Dat

Who dat goin' home on a long cross country flight? Best game I've seen in years. Those last 4 minutes were bananas.
cnc137
Well, since my Steelers got Tebowed I guess I am going to root for the Green Bay Packers, but I am glad New England knocked the Broncos out after they beat the Steelers. The Steelers were really beat up at the end of the season with a lot of players out or hurt, so I didn't expect them to go far in the playoffs. If they would've beat Denver they probably would've been knocked out by the Patriots just like the Broncos were last night.
Redeema
Down go the Packers. Discount double check this! *points at crotch*
walnut100
QUOTE(Redeema @ Jan. 15, 2012, 02:59 AM) *
QUOTE(walnut100 @ Jan. 11, 2012, 09:22 AM) *
Who Dat

Who dat goin' home on a long cross country flight? Best game I've seen in years. Those last 4 minutes were bananas.

Yeah I wouldn't get too excited though. That was an unbelievably bad game for the Saints. Five turnovers, four in the redzone, defense played squishy, offense couldn't quite get energized to their usual point. Its kind of sad that Louisiana sports picked post-season to play poorly this year but that's how its turned out. If the Saints were playing to their potential 49ers would've been blown out. We had a lot of opportunities to win that game but didn't capitalize on a single one and it still took a miracle catch to seal the 49ers win. 49ers shouldn't have any trouble beating the Giants but when they face the Pats in the Superbowl its gonna get ugly... Those guys are gonna be ready

I'd love to be proven wrong though. Aside from a few bad fans I really like the 49ers and I would love to see them (Or the Giants really) pull an upset and win it all
bOb
Go San Fran lolz!
cnc137
I am two for two for the losing teams. I was shocked to here that the Packers were beat. I want to change my vote to the Ravens now and they will probably also lose. biggrin.gif hehe...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.