Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Um Guys, I'm Running Out of Space for My Games Collection
DreamStation.cc Forums > General > General Discussion
Redeema
So, I took these pictures a couple weeks ago after Christmas and as you can see my cabinet is full. It's about 7.5 feet tall and the three main shelves are all used up. Mind you that every game in here is current generation, the PS2, GameCube, Xbox, Dreamcast, PSX, Saturn, N64, SNES, NES, GameBoy Advance, and anything else is in another cabinet or stand, oh, and I also have a few crappy games in an ottoman that has game storage space . What am I supposed to do now if I don't have anywhere to put my new games? Maybe the Guitar Hero/ Rock Band guitars can go away and I'll make space for more games... I don't know. Here's the pictures:

Complete shot of the games in the cabinet.

Closer view of the upper shelves. PSP, PS3, and some oversized boxes. Second shelf has Xbox 360. Third shelf has Nintendo DS.

Closer view of the Nintendo DS shelf, under that is the Wii shelf with my few Nintendo 3DS games on top of those, and the rest of the Nintendo DS games.

For a little reference, here's an older picture with PS2, GameCube, and other stuff that are still in the house, but in another castle.

cnc137
You have a castle in your house where you store your PS2 and GameCube games? How big is your house to fit a castle inside it?

I was going to say that you need to buy a bigger house, but if you can fit a castle in it then I think you should have enough room.

I say you sell one of your kids and use their room to store the additional games you can buy after selling them. Just kidding (No pun intended. tongue.gif). biggrin.gif hehe...

I have all my current generation games downstairs in the family room on the shelf. I have my Dreamcast games in a CD holder next to the TV. Everything else is actually up in my oldest son's closet in his bedroom on CD/DVD shelves. He didn't mind having them in there, since he plays a lot of them now.
bOb
That doesn't look full enough yet. biggrin.gif I dunnno I love collecting games but I only have 1 shelf full right now. Must. Get. More. But yeah I'm also considering ditching my Guitar Hero/Rock band stuff. I'm also trying to hold out as we're buying a house in a year or so.
Hucast
Ok, fine, I'll be the one to say it. He obviously isn't running out of space, he just wanted to show off his collection. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I think we'd just all appreciate some honesty.

In the unlikely event this is a real problem might I suggest you just start doubling up on each shelf? I do that with DVDs. It's inconvenient to get at the back row but if the other option is a box in the back of a closet or something anyway...
bOb
QUOTE(Hucast @ Jan. 29, 2012, 01:34 AM) *
Ok, fine, I'll be the one to say it. He obviously isn't running out of space, he just wanted to show off his collection. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I think we'd just all appreciate some honesty.

In the unlikely event this is a real problem might I suggest you just start doubling up on each shelf? I do that with DVDs. It's inconvenient to get at the back row but if the other option is a box in the back of a closet or something anyway...

Yea I agree that he doesn't look like he's out of space. biggrin.gif Also I do the same thing Hucast suggested. I double up on shelves and put all the games I beat in the back and then some.
walnut100
That collection is pretty, not gonna lie. I love seeing a bunch of game boxes lined up like that

I'd probably put some older games in storage or something tbh. Surely you have room in your attic? Or if you own a storage unit or something you could do that
Redeema
I live in California, no such thing as an attic or a basement. Older games live in another, very unorganized cabinet in the den. Those are in their jewel cases (PSX, DC). GameCube, PS2 games are in my bedroom on a DVD storage shelf. N64 games are in a tupperware type thing in my room as well because my son likes playing the 64 and GCN. I'd like to break out the Dreamcast for him, but I don't think I have enough games appropriate for his age beyond Sonic Adventure and maybe Chu Chu Rocket.

Also, thanks for the compliments.

For the other assclowns, I had them doubled up just before the picture. I can't stand them being out like that because it invites my kids and guests to leave the games out of the cases, so that there are discs everywhere getting scratched up. When it looks organized it tells people to put stuff back where they found it.
bOb
Yeah it's all about preference. smile.gif Guess you need to get another cabinet or maybe you should put a redbox machine outside your house biggrin.gif
Redeema
I have a matching cabinet on the other side of the wall with DVDs...filled to capacity. I'll take a picture of that, too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.