Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Books and Albums on Amazon for $0.25 GNR Greatest Hits
DreamStation.cc Forums > General > General Discussion
cnc137

Coldplay: Mylo Xyloto

I already bought this album a few months ago on Amazon for $5.00 and I thought that was a good price. Now, as of this post, they have it for $0.25 for the MP3 download version. Click the album artwork above to check it out and hopefully it will still be that price when you see this post.
Redeema
They just had Lil Wayne for a quarter on Wednesday, too. If anyone spots more let me know. I already have this from Black Friday, but if I didn't...
Raven
Well, the Cold Play is back up to 9 bucks. But some searching on the site brought up:

Drake - Take Care

Not really a fan of Drake, but someone may be.
Redeema
Even for 25 cents, I can't get behind that Drake album and I have over $100 in Amazon credit. He gets way to much airplay as is, his style is fairly weak and he was on Degrassi: TNG, so I'm supposed to take him serious? That dude is as gangsta as Andy Griffith. Whatever. Pass. I was more intrigued by the Lil Wayne just for 6 Foot, 7 Foot. By the way, I believe these are the same price on Google Play in case anyone would prefer to buy them there for whatever reason.

Edit: Guns N Roses Greatest Hits for 25 cents

You can also find The Giver, by Lois Lowry Kindle Edition for 25 cents. Great reviews, for a quarter I bit, I've been wanting to grab it for my kid for some time now, so it's a steal for me.

cnc137
Why are they offering these things so cheap? Is this a viral marketing strategy to get people talking and to the website in hopes of them buying other things while they are there?
Redeema
I'm not sure who is behind this, but it's either Amazon, Google, both, or the artist/author? Because prices are good at both sites for many, if not all of these things.
omega71
QUOTE(Redeema @ Mar. 12, 2012, 04:10 PM) *

Edit: Guns N Roses Greatest Hits for 25 cents

You can also find The Giver, by Lois Lowry Kindle Edition for 25 cents. Great reviews, for a quarter I bit, I've been wanting to grab it for my kid for some time now, so it's a steal for me.

I just grabbed the GnR for a half pence.

And The Giver was free about a week ago.

I have to say, using the Amazon Cloud for my Kindle Fire works really well.
Redeema
I missed out on free? I paid too much! I demand a refund. People really need to let me know about these things, seriously.
Hucast
Maaaaan, I'm too late to make a joke about Coldplay. sad.gif Though I am happy to see I'm not the only one that doesn't quite get the Drake hype.

The author/artist never has any control over the pricing, excluding DIY Bandcamp releases and such. Ordinarily I'd say it was entirely Amazon's doing, but since it's the same on Google I'm not entirely sure. I do know that when Born This Way came out and Amazon offered the digital version for $1.99 it was to promote their new cloud thing that launched around that time. They still had to pay Interscope something like $7.99 for each copy, it was essentially a several million dollar ad campaign. I would assume most of their discounts like this are serving the same function on a smaller scale. Maybe Amazon has a deal with Google? I've not really looked into it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.