Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The... Avengers?
DreamStation.cc Forums > General > General Discussion
bOb
This seems to be the hot stuff to do this week... so who's going to see it or have seen it? I'm taking my 9 year old to see it tomorrow. I've heard awesome things about it. Anyone else seen it?
Hucast
It's no Spider-Man 2 but it's pretty good. I saw it in 2D. The beginning is kinda clunky, it feels like it keeps jumping into these different franchises for a few minutes at a time, which I guess is unavoidable, but for the first 20 or 30 minutes I kept wishing I was watching one of those movies instead but it eventually won me over. The action is relatively small scale but well shot/cut, the dialogue is adequate when it's not entertaining, everything mostly makes sense. Yeah, you could do a lot worse. If either The Dark Knight Rises or Spider-Man Begins Again is half as good as this I'll be surprised.

Oh P.S. if you didn't hear, since the US no longer matters in the global market and we had to wait a week and a half after the rest of the world got to see it there's two extra scenes so stay through the credits, but then continue staying through the rest of the credits.
bOb
I ended up not staying through the credits. I didn't miss much did I? Either way it was a pretty good movie though I do agree with what you say the beginning is kinda slow.
omega71
QUOTE(bOb @ May. 7, 2012, 10:44 PM) *
I ended up not staying through the credits. I didn't miss much did I? Either way it was a pretty good movie though I do agree with what you say the beginning is kinda slow.

Yes, and no. The first scene reveals the next villain Its Thanos by the way. then the other one was just all of them sitting in a diner eating shawarma.

I went and saw it a few days ago, and I loved it. I am so glad they finally got The Hulk right. I mean it ONLY took them three times, but the third time WAS the charm.
bOb
Ah so theres going to be a sequel for sure then? I'm excited!
Hucast
QUOTE(bOb @ May. 8, 2012, 09:58 AM) *
Ah so theres going to be a sequel for sure then? I'm excited!

Do you really not know how this works? In this case all the actors have to sign multi-picture deals. "Multi" like ten. With the exception possibly being Robert Downey Jr. since he was the pilot program for all this, not sure what his deal is, but most everyone else is locked in for all of eternity if Disney wants them. Looks like 2015 for the next one.

Also, Ang Lee's Hulk is seriously underrated.
bOb
Lol and no I didn't know all that. I don't follow that kind of thing. But that's good to know biggrin.gif Def looking forward to more movies!
Hucast
Film Crit Hulk, the best film writer of modern times (seriously), explains why Mark Ruffalo is a great Hulk in The New Yorker.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.