Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DSCC Diablo 3 Reunion
DreamStation.cc Forums > General > General Discussion
ChronoTrigga
Seriously, when was the last time the whole lot of us have gamed together other than sunfir & omega on WoW? Erickarim & cam fapping don't count.

Those of you getting Diablo 3 post your battletag's here.

ChronoTrigga#1796
omega71
omega71#1279

Its already downloaded and ready to go on my laptop. I did the annual pass in WoW only to get my Diablo3 for free. I would have paid for the Collectors Edition, but meh financial issues aside, I really couldnt afford it, and well free is better than not free.
bOb
Bawb#1589

Looks like us EST people will be getting screwed out of a midnight launch. Debating on whether I'll be setting an alarm to get up at launch or just wait until 8:30AM EST to play. Anyone else got plans?
Hucast
Whatchu talkin about b0b? Worldwide launch, not by time zone? Why would you set an alarm and then wait until 8:30? Should I get the deluxeo version or standard? And furthermore is there a way to preorder a physical copy and still download it early?
ChronoTrigga
QUOTE(Hucast @ May. 10, 2012, 01:51 AM) *
Whatchu talkin about b0b? Worldwide launch, not by time zone? Why would you set an alarm and then wait until 8:30? Should I get the deluxeo version or standard? And furthermore is there a way to preorder a physical copy and still download it early?

Yes, in your battle.net account on the website. Already got my client downloaded. Just waiting for the 14th to install it.
DarkEpyon
I may get it sometime in the future, but it's never been a "day 1 purchase" for me. I played D2 for a short time back in the day but it didn't suck me in the way PSO did. And yes, it certainly has been a while since we've been together on one game.
Erickarim
we hang together all the time..
we just don't invite u ct.
bOb
QUOTE(Hucast @ May. 10, 2012, 02:51 AM) *

It is a world wide launch but they're not bringing the servers online in the US until midnight PST I'm EST.
ChronoTrigga
You guys ready? I know I am, thank god I get to sleep half of today, then work til midnight. perfect time killing day ever.

Also, I suggest we use teamspeak or something. My Team Fortress 2 clan uses Team Speak 3 so I'm sure they won't mind you guys tagging along into a private channel I create for Diablo 3 once it comes out.
bOb
Yea maybe we could set something up. I'm still debating on waking up early to get on this. Servers open at 3AM EST if I'm not mistaken.
omega71
I am installed, patched and ready to go.

I dont have teamspeak, I have Vent, Mumble, and Skype. I could prolly grab TS if needed.
ChronoTrigga
yeah 2am for me. i get off of work at midnight so i'll be staying up to play, called out work for tomrrow xd.gif
bOb
I might be up it all depends. Either I'll be on or I'll be on around 7-8AM EST. From what I'm seeing the EU servers are already having issues with login. (to be expected)
DarkEpyon
I broke down and got it too.

Zeoponix#1232
omega71
Half way through Act 3, and servers go down..

Act 3 is no joke too.
ChronoTrigga
I got a level 19 monk in act 2 & a lvl 17 witch doctor in act 2. Not sure which I like better of those 2. Monk I'm dishing AoE rape damage like no other, on the other hand, exploding zombie dogs are fun. The only problem I about it is you can only use 3 at a time, and the recharge time is horrendous. Hopefully they up the dog count eventually and make it so you summon one at a time with 5 second intervals. Seriously though, exploding zombie dogs are epic.
omega71
QUOTE(ChronoTrigga @ May. 16, 2012, 09:34 PM) *
on the other hand, exploding zombie dogs are fun. The only problem I about it is you can only use 3 at a time, and the recharge time is horrendous. Hopefully they up the dog count eventually and make it so you summon one at a time with 5 second intervals. Seriously though, exploding zombie dogs are epic.

You are doing it wrong xd.gif.

You do get more dogs, but you have to spec into it, and you never really want to explode them.

I am maining a Witch Doctor, he is 33 right now, soloed Witch King on Nightmare with this build I made.

My Witch Doc Build

I worked this out and should be using the full build when I hit the levels I need for Big Stinker and Burning Dogs.

But primary is Poison Dart spam, and secondary is Acid Cloud with blobs. You can AoE kite pretty much anything while your dogs and Gargantuan tank stuff.

Also Grave Injustice and Pierce the Veil are going to be an amazing combo
Erickarim
Erickarim#1804

is there an aditional fee to the game ? or just the 59 dls ?
ChronoTrigga
There's a fee for Mexico. I think it's like 5 pesos and a case of tequila a month.
bOb
QUOTE(Erickarim @ May. 17, 2012, 02:31 AM) *
Erickarim#1804

is there an aditional fee to the game ? or just the 59 dls ?

There is an annual 100 bucks a month fee. Please send the check to my address smile.gif

No BNET is free no other fees other than the payment to me smile.gif
omega71
Dude, Diablo on Nightmare is no laughing matter, I was 43 and with a 50 Barb, and it was near impossible.
bOb
QUOTE(omega71 @ May. 18, 2012, 01:57 AM) *
Dude, Diablo on Nightmare is no laughing matter, I was 43 and with a 50 Barb, and it was near impossible.

I'm kinda glad to hear this. smile.gif Game needs a steeper curve later on ftw! Hopefully awesome gears too!
bOb
Nightmare is a little bit easier if you balance out your stats more. Example I'm a barb so instead of building off of straight Strength for damage increase, I've been doing strength and vitality as much as possible to give me a larger health pool. Also in act II those ###### dudes with the hammers can easily 1-2 shot you if you're not careful. Been using skills with a stun or slow effect in them so I can work around them and avoid a direct shot from those.

Seems like in nightmare I can't straight blast through like I'm used to in normal. That's ok though because I do like a good challenge smile.gif
omega71
QUOTE(bOb @ May. 19, 2012, 10:42 PM) *
Nightmare is a little bit easier if you balance out your stats more. Example I'm a barb so instead of building off of straight Strength for damage increase, I've been doing strength and vitality as much as possible to give me a larger health pool. Also in act II those ###### dudes with the hammers can easily 1-2 shot you if you're not careful. Been using skills with a stun or slow effect in them so I can work around them and avoid a direct shot from those.

Seems like in nightmare I can't straight blast through like I'm used to in normal. That's ok though because I do like a good challenge smile.gif

I changed my build all together, I went full Vision Quest build and if I am in a group, its pretty amazing. Unlimited fire bats that do about 3-6k damage is pretty beastly.

But solo wise, yea, you have to be a bit more careful rather than just busting right in and trying to be Leroy Jenkins.
bOb
Yea what's weird is I have a friend who every time I try to group with him and he dies. He says it's because I'm in the group with him and it ramps up the difficulty too high. I honestly think this is BS but I leave anyway. Pft. Guess some people don't like to group lol.

Oh and here's a pic of my 52 Barbarian: Max fury edition

Redeema
Wait, is this game super graphics intensive, blah, blah? Can I play this on my 3 year old laptop? Is there one of those system check things, so that I don't have to go out and figure out whether this thing can run it or not?
Raven
QUOTE(Redeema @ May. 23, 2012, 09:03 PM) *
Wait, is this game super graphics intensive, blah, blah? Can I play this on my 3 year old laptop? Is there one of those system check things, so that I don't have to go out and figure out whether this thing can run it or not?

You should see if anyone has a "Guest Pass" that you can use to try the game out. That's what I did because I wasn't sure if it would run on my Macbook or not. Works well though. I'll have to break down and buy the full game soon, it's really quite fun.
Redeema
Gotcha. Soooooooooo, anyone have a guest pass? I'm in a real hack and slash mood after catching up on Game of Thrones.
bOb
QUOTE(Redeema @ May. 24, 2012, 12:38 PM) *
Gotcha. Soooooooooo, anyone have a guest pass? I'm in a real hack and slash mood after catching up on Game of Thrones.

Sorry I do not. I got the digital version and apparently we digital purchase folk got screwed out of guest passes.
omega71
Same boat, I did the whole Annual Pass to get D3 for free thing, so no guest pass from me.

As far as the requirements, I am running this on a two to three year old Toshiba and it runs fine, I get a few stutters here and there in a super high populated area but its not that bad.
Redeema
So, no one? I guess I wait then.
bOb
QUOTE(Redeema @ May. 26, 2012, 03:23 PM) *
So, no one? I guess I wait then.

I don't think everyone got the digital copy sad.gif
Raven
PMed you a guest pass code. Let me know if it works.
Redeema
Color me disappointed, my video card is unsupported, so the game won't run at all. Downloaded the whole thing for a couple of hours and then got the message. Boo. I'm not about to buy a gaming PC, so I'll not be joining in on this one. I'll probably get a new desktop eventually, otherwise, how will I play the new PSO? Can I get something decent for under $500?
Erickarim
thats what she said.
bOb
QUOTE(Redeema @ May. 28, 2012, 11:02 AM) *
Color me disappointed, my video card is unsupported, so the game won't run at all. Downloaded the whole thing for a couple of hours and then got the message. Boo. I'm not about to buy a gaming PC, so I'll not be joining in on this one. I'll probably get a new desktop eventually, otherwise, how will I play the new PSO? Can I get something decent for under $500?

You could possibly build something decent for under 500 but you'll be cutting it fairly close. It might not be impossible though. I spent $585 for mine and that's a Core i5-2500k 3.4GHZ, 8GB of Ram, an ATI/AMD Radeon 6870 GFX card, motherboard, case.

Things I already had:

Power supply
Hard drive
DVD Drive (you technically don't even need for the most part)
Redeema
I'd be willing to throw down more since I usually have a ton of Amazon gift cards from various ventures. I'm saving those right now for a 7.1 receiver, though. I was looking and $500 seems to be pushing it and I'd like to not skimp out on the key stuff like the video card, so I'll raise my original budget by some. What can I do with the $50 Best Buy gift card I've got sitting around? I'd also have to figure out how to actually put all this stuff together since I've got zero experience.
bOb
QUOTE(Redeema @ May. 29, 2012, 12:32 AM) *
I'd be willing to throw down more since I usually have a ton of Amazon gift cards from various ventures. I'm saving those right now for a 7.1 receiver, though. I was looking and $500 seems to be pushing it and I'd like to not skimp out on the key stuff like the video card, so I'll raise my original budget by some. What can I do with the $50 Best Buy gift card I've got sitting around? I'd also have to figure out how to actually put all this stuff together since I've got zero experience.

If you were using your Best Buy gift card on this I'd recommend just using that for a monitor or mouse/keyboard. There aren't really many actual computer parts at Best Buy save for video cards and they're usually priced a little higher in the stores.

If you're near a Microcenter def go there as cnc has pointed out they have some pretty cheap motherboard/cpu combo deals. They also had the cheapest price on cpus that'd I've seen online.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.