Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MC Chris is the worst.
DreamStation.cc Forums > General > General Discussion
Hucast
I always thought MC Chris was just a harmless/terrible novelty rapper for white kids with bad taste but then I was reading this reddit thread about him kicking someone out of a show for complaining about the opener on twitter. ###### move but who cares, whatever. The rest of the thread however is story after story of him being an unbelievable twat for no good reason, belittling people and kicking paying fans out of shows and yelling at the one's he let stay for not buying enough merch and then hitting on their girlfriends when they ask for an autograph. I believe in always separating the art from the artist, I've bought records from real life murderers, but I quit paying attention to MC Chris like eight years ago so this is just sad/funny and I know everyone here knows him so I posted.
bOb
QUOTE(Hucast @ Jul. 18, 2012, 08:34 PM) *
I always thought MC Chris was just a harmless/terrible novelty rapper for white kids with bad taste but then I was reading this reddit thread about him kicking someone out of a show for complaining about the opener on twitter. ###### move but who cares, whatever. The rest of the thread however is story after story of him being an unbelievable twat for no good reason, belittling people and kicking paying fans out of shows and yelling at the one's he let stay for not buying enough merch and then hitting on their girlfriends when they ask for an autograph. I believe in always separating the art from the artist, I've bought records from real life murderers, but I quit paying attention to MC Chris like eight years ago so this is just sad/funny and I know everyone here knows him so I posted.

To be honest I didn't know who he was until this showed up.
omega71
I saw him at a Warped one year, one of my buddies was like "bro lets go meet him"

So him, my female friend and I went and stood in line for a bit to meet and greet, got up to the front, he proceeded to call my buddy a f@g, and tried to pick up my female friend.

My buddy was the only straight one in the group, so apparently MC Chris's gaydar is as retarded as he is.
bOb
QUOTE(omega71 @ Jul. 20, 2012, 06:40 AM) *
I saw him at a Warped one year, one of my buddies was like "bro lets go meet him"

So him, my female friend and I went and stood in line for a bit to meet and greet, got up to the front, he proceeded to call my buddy a f@g, and tried to pick up my female friend.

My buddy was the only straight one in the group, so apparently MC Chris's gaydar is as retarded as he is.

Lol broken gaydar biggrin.gif best comment ever smile.gif

The Reddit community will tear him apart.
Hucast
QUOTE(bOb @ Jul. 22, 2012, 01:17 PM) *
The Reddit community will tear him apart.

Reddit DID tear him apart, in fact they made him cry.

It seems fairly sincere and almost makes you feel bad the entire internet turned on the guy over one fairly minor incident, but then you remember that anytime his name is brought up anywhere it is immediately followed by stories of his years of dickishness. Not to mention that he basically admits to being a terrible, unprofessional performer. I do hope he can get it together and start treating his fans with respect but man, I'm honestly still surprised at the sheer number of anecdotes about his behaviour that are out there with virtually no one defending him.
Redeema
Is he still that popular? Haven't we moved on? I know his music is featured in a new commercial, but do people still care about him or his music? I'm over him. I'll stick with Atmosphere, Sage Francis, R.A. the Rugged Man, and Nico the Beast (occasionally a little El-P) for my white rapper fix. Thanks.
bOb
Yeah even if he tries to straighten up I'd say that rep he created is going to be stuck on his back for quite a long long time. Even if he is trying to be sincere, most will likely assume he's throwing on a fake front to make up for his mistakes. Oh well I'm sure there's others whom will slip up someday.
Hucast
QUOTE(Redeema @ Jul. 23, 2012, 12:17 PM) *
Is he still that popular? Haven't we moved on? I know his music is featured in a new commercial, but do people still care about him or his music? I'm over him. I'll stick with Atmosphere, Sage Francis, R.A. the Rugged Man, and Nico the Beast (occasionally a little El-P) for my white rapper fix. Thanks.

Man remember when Atmosphere used to be pretty great? Those were good times.
Raven
QUOTE(Hucast @ Jul. 25, 2012, 04:45 PM) *
QUOTE(Redeema @ Jul. 23, 2012, 12:17 PM) *

Man remember when Atmosphere used to be pretty great? Those were good times.

I would say When Life Gives You Lemons was the last Atmosphere album I truly loved. I did like To All My Friends and The Family Sign, but not near as much as their old stuff.

Still better than 90% of the music out there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.