The Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood Multiplayer beta will be accessible on Oct. 4, 2010 exclusively on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system to anyone that pre-ordered the game from GameStop in the United States.
In the Multiplayer beta players will have the opportunity to choose from nine different characters such as the doctor, the priest, the executioner or the courtesan, try their unique deadly weapons and discover their signature moves.
Up to eight simultaneous players will be able to use new ways to assassinate their targets in two different modes:
Wanted - Adversarial mode: From six to eight players
• Objective: Obtain the highest possible score by killing assigned targets.
• Game session: 1 round of 10 minutes
• In this game mode, players have 10 minutes to reach the higher score by assassinating other players. A target is assigned by the system and players can only kill that specific target. Interaction with the other players is not permitted unless they are either a target or a pursuer. If players kill innocents they will trigger an “open conflict”. The position of the player will be revealed to their target and then will have the ability to escape or to cancel the contract. If the target has identified one of his pursuers, he can stun him to cancel the contract and score points.
Alliance* - Cooperative mode: Three teams of two players
• Objective: Obtain the highest possible score with your teammate by killing the assigned team. The teammates share the same character.
• Game session: 2 rounds of 4 minutes
• At the beginning of the round, a target team is assigned to each of the three teams. Those targets will not change for the entire round. During the round, players can switch between their two targets at anytime. Players will score by killing targets or escaping or stunning pursuers, but in addition, are rewarded by helping their teammate or performing cooperative actions like multiple kills in a row. At the end of the first round, all players will respawn and a new target is assigned to each team. The game session ends at the end of the second round.
* Alliance Mode will be unlocked by the community
Both modes will be playable on two different maps (Rome and Castel Gandolfo), with a third map to be unlocked by the community (Siena).
Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood is scheduled to release on Nov. 16, 2010 on consoles in North America. It will be available on PC in Q1 2011. To reserve your copy and gain access to the multiplayer beta, visit a GameStop store or go to http://www.GameStop.com/ACB.
Please visit www.assassinscreed.com for more information on Assassin’s Creed® Brotherhood.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.