Patch Also Adds New Dedicated Server Features.
Raleigh, North Carolina - February 8, 2011 /GameBlast/ - Atomic Games, a developer of simulations for US military and intelligence agencies and a pioneer in military action games, announced today the release of a new patch for the Windows PC version of Breach. A patch for other systems will be available soon.
This patch for the Windows PC version reduces lag significantly and also addresses issues some users reported in connecting to games, as well as a variety of other issues. Additionally, in response to requests from avid fans of the game, Atomic has added new features to the Breach Dedicated Server application.
New features added to the Breach Dedicated Server include:
- Dedicated Server no longer requires Steam to be running
- New feature allows configurable ports in Dedicated Server
Fixes included in the patch:
- All known crashes fixed
- Many fixes to reduce lag
- Network performance improved by more than 33%
- Bug that caused Sole Survivor games to end in draw fixed
- Bug that caused invisible canister in Retrieval games fixed
- Bug that caused Vendetta icon to appear incorrectly fixed
- Server Browser can now sort by number of players
- Server Browser can now be manipulated with mouse scroll wheel
- Fixed bugs related to Friendly Fire settings
- Better ability for laggy game to recover when bandwidth improves
- Dedicated Server stability significantly improved
Breach is unlike any other game. It is the first military shooter to use precise and massive destruction to change the very nature of multiplayer combat. Combined with an advanced cover system where players can use cover even while it is being destroyed around them, Breach enables real-world tactics never possible before now. Breach offers this destruction and active cover system all in a package that costs less than any of its compeitors.
Breach is available for $19.99, or less, on Windows PC through major retailers nationwide, Steam®, and Direct2Drive®. It has been rated “T” for Teen by the ESRB. Further intelligence can be gathered at www.breachgame.com.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.