Special Editions Unlock Bonuses for Crysis 2 Multiplayer at Launch in March 2011.
COLOGNE, Germany–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS) and Crytek GmbH, Europe’s leading independent video game studio and award-winning developers of the critically acclaimed Crysis® franchise, today announced two special editions for the highly anticipated first person shooter Crysis 2; the Crysis 2 Limited Edition and the Crysis 2 Nano Edition. Both editions feature premium packaging and special unlocks in the Crysis 2 multiplayer game. The Limited Edition and Nano Edition are available for pre-order now in limited quantities*. EA and Crytek also announced today a closed multiplayer beta for Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system starting this fall.
The Crysis 2 Limited Edition will be available for no additional cost, while supplies last, and features four must-have in-game unlocks for the ultimate multiplayer experience:
- Bonus XP – Players will jump into multiplayer battles with an edge by starting with enough experience points to gain early access to all 5 preset class load-outs.
- SCAR Hologram Decoy – This special attachment to the SCAR will project a hologram image of the player, allowing them to confuse their opponents with the decoy.
- SCAR Weapon Skin – This digital camouflage skin will allow players to add a personalized touch to one of the more popular assault rifles in the game.
- Platinum Dog Tag – This special one-of-a-kind dog tag is one of over 250 that will be collectible in Crysis 2 multiplayer, helping to separate you from the rest of the field.
The Crysis 2 Nano Edition is designed for the ultimate Crysis fan and will include the Limited Edition housed in a steel case plus an 11” / 28 cm statue of the game’s hero “Prophet” on top of a New York taxi cab, a high-quality art book, all packaged inside a backpack modeled after the Nanosuit itself. Not available in stores, the Nano Edition is available in extremely limited quantities via pre-order only for $149.99 / £119.99 / €129.99.
Crysis 2 is one of the most anticipated games of 2011, coming out of last June’s Electronic Entertainment Expo with 25 nominations and 12 awards including “Best Shooter” from GameSpy.com and “Best Graphics” from Gamespot.com. The game’s multiplayer is being developed by Crytek’s specialist multiplayer studio, Crytek UK. Just like the gripping single-player campaign, Crysis 2 multiplayer will grant players the superhuman powers of the Nanosuit, allowing them to be the weapon as they utilize their powers against each other across, above and below various locations and landmarks throughout New York City.
Built on Crytek’s new state-of-the-art multiplatform game development solution, CryENGINE®3, Crysis 2 will be available for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system and PC in 2D and 3D** on March 22, 2011 in North America and March 25, 2011 in Europe.
* Restrictions and conditions apply. See back of pack for details.
** Additional hardware and accessories, not included with game, may be required for full 3D effects.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.