Heroes and Villains Team Up with Superman, Lex Luthor and Familiar Kryptonian Characters to Defeat Brainiac’s Latest Plot to Harness Kryptonian Technology.
The arctic struggle continues within Superman’s Fortress of Solitude as Sony Online Entertainment introduces its fifth game update, The Fate of the Fortress, the second phase of DC Universe™ Online’s (DCUO) three-part raid to stop Brainiac in his attempt to harness Kryptonian technology to destroy the Earth.
The latest game update features the first DC Universe Online raid to take place within the walls of the Fortress. Players continue to fight alongside Superman and Lex Luthor as the battle moves deeper into this magnificent arctic hideout eventually pitting the combatants against the most fierce of all of Brainiac’s Sunstone-powered cyber-soldiers. In this phase of the Fortress raid series, fans of the Man of Steel will be treated to key areas of the Fortress, beginning with the grand entrance foyer containing statues of Jor-El and Lara (Superman’s Kryptonian parents), a trip to thePhantom Zone Projector Room, a view of the Sun Crystal Matrix Chamber, and a final battle with Brainiac’s most lethal and powerful fighting machine, the Avatar of Meta, which takes place in the Fortress’ center, the Power Core room.
Now available, the second Fortress of Solitude content update, The Fate of the Fortress, is included at no additional charge for all active DC Universe Online PC and PlayStation®3 Computer Entertainment System subscribers. The new content update for DCUO includes:
The Fate of the Fortress Game Update Features:
- Fortress of Solitude Eight-Man Group Combat Raid: Follow Superman andLex Luthor as they team up to defeat Brainiac and regain control of theFortress of Solitude. Players will earn Marks of Krypton good towards purchasing new gear in the Watchtower or Hall of Doom.
- New Gear & Loot: Players can get cool new pieces to add to their Wayward Drone set in the Hive Hard Mode Alert, including backplate, thorax, faceted headguard, and gloves. Plus, the second part of the Fortress of Solitude raid offers up to 30 new weapons, completing the Prismatic set. Finally, for those who complete all the briefings in both Fortress raids, there is a General Zod-inspired Banished Kryptonian Cowl to claim for players’ valiant efforts.
- HIVE Hard Mode - Tier 2 Alert: Now offered in a "Hard Mode" version, theHIVE Alert takes the challenge to a whole new level of fun and rewards players with Marks of Distinction.
- New Batcave PvP Map: A new Batcave map brings players to Batman’s inner sanctum for a two-versus-two battle, delivering a higher level of challenge to players and more gameplay combat and fun as they battle friends in the Batcave.
- Dueling: The new dueling gameplay mode allows players to challenge another Hero or Villain to a one-on-one fight - to get started, players simply flag themselves as open for dueling and get ready to rumble.
The game update is available now for download.
The critically acclaimed DC Universe Online is licensed by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment on behalf of DC Entertainment and is the first massive online action game made for the PC and the PlayStation®3 system, featuring real-time combat action where players control every move. Players are invited to step into the DC Universe™and create their own customized super hero or villain, and join forces to fight alongside or against their favorite DC icons.
For more information about DC Universe Online, visit www.DCUniverseOnline.com.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.