The Next Generation of Capcom’s Smash Action Franchise Shipping to Retail Stores Today.
SAN MATEO, Calif. — February 5, 2008 — Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced that the highly anticipated Devil May Cry® 4 for Sony Computer Entertainment’s PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3TM) and the Xbox 360TM video game and entertainment system from Microsoft has begun shipping to retail. Devil May Cry 4 is rated M for Mature by the Entertainment Software Ratings Board (ESRB) and is available as both standard edition ($59.99 MSRP) and a special Collector’s Edition package ($79.99 MSRP).
From the producer of the original Devil May Cry® and Resident Evil® 4 comes the next installment in the hugely successful stylized action series that has so far achieved global sales of nearly seven million units. Devil May Cry 4 immerses gamers in a gothic supernatural world, where a new protagonist, Nero, clashes with Dante, the featured character in the previous Devil May Cry games. As Nero, players will unleash incredible attacks and non-stop combos using a unique new gameplay mechanic, his powerful “Devil Bringer” arm. Fans of Dante won’t be disappointed as he too will be playable during the course of the game.
With the advanced graphical capabilities of the next-gen systems, high definition visuals and intricate detail come to life as players explore new and exotic locales. Dynamic action and undeniable style combine with unprecedented fighting options and a gripping story to produce the incomparable experience that only a Devil May Cry game can deliver.
A special 2 hour Devil May Cry: The Animated Series anime disc will be packed into the Collector’s Edition of the game, included in the metal Steelbook case, and will include the first four episodes of the 12 episode anime series. Inside the case will be a second bonus DVD alongside the game that users can slip into their computers, Xbox 360 or PLAYSTATION 3. The bonus DVD will contain a “making of” feature on the game, music from the Devil May Cry 4 soundtrack, a digital art book with images and sketches from the development team, wallpapers, icons and screen savers.
Devil May Cry 4 includes the following features:
- From the producer of the original Devil May Cry® and Resident Evil® 4
- 2 playable characters - take control of both Nero & Dante
- High-definition 720p visuals moving at 60 frames per second
- Blend of familiar and new: newcomer Nero clashes with veteran Dante plus appearances from Trish, Lady and others from the DMC series
- Exceed System allows Nero to easily charge up his sword with a throttle effect, revving up to three levels with powerful and varied attack options
- Deep combo system rewards stylish dispatching of enemies
- Unique “Devil Bringer” arm opens up a range of never seen before combo options
- Distinct set of weaponry and moves for Nero and Dante
- New active style change system for Dante allows him to switch styles and weapons on the fly, producing crazy combo possibilities
- Numerous new characters and environments
- Signature blend of guns and swordplay
Devil May Cry 4 Collector’s Edition contains the following extras:
- Volume 1 of ADV Film’s Devil May Cry: The Animated Series on DVD, including four complete episodes of the anime (a retail value of $29.99)
- Unique SteelbookTM metal case
- Bonus DVD
- Making of Devil May Cry 4
- Music from the soundtrack
- Digital artbook
- PC content (screen savers, wallpapers, icons)
For more information visit DevilMayCry.com.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.