Crown a new Digimon Champion with the latest addition to the Digimon Franchise.
SANTA CLARA, Calif., (April 16 2008) - Leading video games publisher and developer NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc., announced today Digimon World® Championship for Nintendo DSTM. Based on the hit Digimon Data Squad animated series, players will be ensnared in gripping gameplay as they capture and train the strongest Digimon to compete in a legendary tournament. Players will be able to experience the thrill of the hunt for over 200 different Digimon, which, once captured, can be trained and assembled into the ultimate squad to compete for the Digimon World Championship.
“Digimon has proven to be as notable a franchise in the gaming community as it has with anime enthusiasts,” said Todd Thorson, Director of Marketing and Public Relations for NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. “We are thrilled to be developing the newest chapter in the dynamic Digimon universe and are sure that Digimon World Championship will appeal to all aspects of the series’ enormous fan base when it is released this summer.”
As a new Digimon Tamer in Digimon World: Championship, players must explore the Digital World to hunt and capture the strongest Digimon in the wild. Utilize a variety of hunting gear and traps to catch the most elusive Digimon in the wild. Once captured, players can train their Digimon in different skills in preparation for over 50 intense competitions. Creativity and cleverness are crucial to raise the most successful Digimon squad as battle results will depend on your Tamer skills. On the road to victory, players will face adversaries who will stop at nothing to claim victory.
Digimon World Championship boasts the following features:
- A new kind of Digimon game: Experience the thrill of the hunt as you pursue Digimon all over the Digital World. Capture and tame wild Digimon with a variety of unique hunting gear, and raise them any way you like in your unique training facilities. Enter them into over 50 Title Matches and Battles, and watch the battles unfold in real time, complete with special moves and more!
- Over 200 Digimon: Digimon World Championship features over 200 Digimon, including returning favorites like Agumon and Gaomon. With so many Digimon to choose from, the possibilities are endless!
- Remember your training: Since your training skills are the most important part of being a Tamer, be sure to diversify and utilize the unique Digimon growth system to buy different “Cages” to individually adjust Digimon attributes for battle. The way you train your Digimon will prepare them to be the best fighters they can be.
- Explore the massive Digital World: With the ability to explore the entire Digital World, Tamers can find some wild Digimon only in certain environments. Snowy mountains, sandy deserts, and lush jungles abound. As the day changes to night, different Digimon appear. Check back throughout the day to hunt the most elusive Digimon!
- Take on your rival Tamers over Wi-Fi: Challenge friends to battle via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection and DS Wireless Communications.
For more information on Digimon World Championship, please visit www.namcobandaigames.com.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.