New 2D Action Adventure Game from Cosmonaut Games Plunges Deep into the Depths of the Mysterious Oceans.
July 26, 2010, Spain – Cosmonaut Games today announced the North American release of Dive: The Medes Islands Secret, a new and unique 2D Action game, developed exclusively for the Nintendo WiiWare service. The game will launch in Europe on July 30. Dive: The Medes Islands Secret challenges players to dive into an undersea 2D action arena spanning real-world environments, filled with exciting adventures and breathtaking aquatic scenery. Within the depths of the oceans, players will encounter dangerous sea life as they explore and investigate breathtaking landscapes that are captured in exquisite 3D from around the world.
“This has been an amazing project for us as it speaks to a passion of ours, and we are extremely thrilled to be sharing this experience with fans around the world,” said José A. Giacomelli, General Manager of Cosmonaut Games. “We hope the release of Dive: The Medes Islands Secret is met with great enthusiasm through its gorgeous scenery, layers of under water action adventures and mysteries.”
Dive: The Medes Islands Secret invites players to investigate the mysteries of the deep as adventurer John Sanders, who is on a mission to unearth the long-since buried Temple of the Order of Medes Island. Through 10 levels and exotic real-world locations, including the Cayman Islands, Bermuda and Santorini, players utilize the Wii Remote to navigate 2D underwater puzzle landscapes in search of answers to the ocean’s greatest mystery. As players complete level objectives, they encounter options to upgrade dive equipment including fins, air tanks and spear guns, necessary to reach the farthest depths of the ocean. New equipment grants the player new objectives and an ability to revisit dive locations for new, deeper experiences. Along the way, they will confront dangerous predators including giant octopi, sharks and stingrays. Many treasures, rewards and achievements await those brave enough to dive into the unknown.
· Stunning graphics making the most of the Wii’s capabilities replicate breathtaking 3D marine landscapes
· Family-friendly gameplay with three levels of difficulty
· 10 expansive puzzle-filled levels through real-world locations including the Medes Islands, Cap de Creus, Cayman Islands, Bermuda and Santorini
· Wide range of enemies, from giant Octopuses to menacing sharks, as well as hungry Barracudas, deadly Jellyfish and Manta Rays
· Economic system used to manage diving equipment and upgrades including Wetsuit, Diving Cylinders, Fins, Speargun and Diving Torch
· Achievements are awarded for acquiring new treasures and discoveries
· An expedition diary, logged by John Sanders, reveals different plot points in the game’s story
· Original orchestral soundtrack composed by El Topo Negro
Dive: The Medes Islands Secret is rated “E” for Everyone and available for 1,000 Wii points. For more information, please visit the official website at http://divemedes.cosmonautgames.com
To follow Dive: The Medes Islands Secret on Facebook:
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.