Learn the art of hype from the king himself, including creating the perfect nickname, self-promoting salvos using King’s voice, interpret King’s custom dictionary and more.
May 28, 2008 - 2K Sports today announced it has partnered with the king of boxing and the godfather of hype, Don King, to launch HypeKingdom.com in support of the highly anticipated boxing video game, Don King Presents: Prizefighter. Fans can now enroll in the University of Hype to learn the art of larger-than-life self-promotion, while getting new insight into the man behind the mania.
“To be the king, you’ve got to know the king, and HypeKingdom.com provides what you need to know to follow in my footsteps,” said Don King. “You’ll also be witness to the spectacular promotionalization of 2K Sports’ Don King Presents: Prizefighter, the most exhilarating boxing title the world has ever seen!”
At HypeKingdom.com, fans can experience the thrill of being the king through the following features:
- Nickname Generator - Joe Smith isn’t going to fill seats, so get a Don King-inspired nickname that screams “the champ is here!”
- Customizable Hype Spoken by Don King - Generate your own hype, Mad Lib-style, with the voice of the king.
- Complete Guide to King’s English - Now fans can accurately sling the slang to raise their hype game.
- Hype Boards - A place where members can share their own hype glory stories as well as enthusiasm for Don King Presents: Prizefighter.
- Screen Savers and Screen Shots - View all the screen savers and screen shots in its tenacious spectaculocity to download and share with friends.
Don King Presents: Prizefighter will deliver the deepest, most authentic and entertaining boxing experience available. The life of a boxer is more than just a night at the fights; it’s about building a career and rising to stardom. In Don King Presents: Prizefighter, players must train, overcome adversity, get promoted and avoid temptation to rise in notoriety. The story of their struggle to become champion unfolds in a unique, live-action sports documentary style that features real-life legends and current stars from the world of boxing including Ken Norton, Larry Holmes, Andrew Gollotta, Joe Calzaghe, and many others. Heather Vandeven, the reigning 2007 Penthouse Pet of the Year, and popular video vixen Bria Myles, also star in the documentary and act as temptations for boxers throughout their career.
Don King Presents: Prizefighter will be available on June 10, 2008 for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and this fall for WiiTM home video game system from Nintendo and Nintendo DSTM. For more information, please visit www.2ksports.com/prizefighter/.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.