E3, Los Angeles - June 4th 2009 - Paradox Interactive has today announced that East India Company now has an official release date of July 28th. Together with the announcement, a game presentation from E3 has also been released, delving deeper into this naval war strategy title.
Developed by Finland based Nitro Games Ltd. East India Company is based on the historical East India trading companies of the 18th century. Players will enjoy building the world’s largest trading empire as well as engaging in fierce naval battles against enemy fleets.
East India Company Features revealed at E3:
- Extensively moddable: from damage values, to trade item prices, to ship textures.
- Multiplayer support for up to 12 players.
- Multiple ways to win the game: accomplishing all campaign missions, forcing all other companies out of business or conquering the whole of the East Indies.
- Multiple approaches possible: focus on trading, warfare and conquest or use diplomacy to reach your goals. East India Company can also be played as a pure trading game.
- Dynamic economy where supply and demand affect prices of trading items.
- Create your own armada with a maximum of 100 ships.
- Different multiplayer battle modes including ‘Last Man Floating’ and ‘Domination’.
- Unlock new ship types as they become available, from smallest sloop to 90 gun ship-of-the-line.
Read more about the game: http://www.eic-game.com/
In East India Company, players will enjoy building the World’s most powerful trading empire and engaging in vigorous naval battles in both single player and multiplayer modes.
Starting modestly, you will build your fleet, establish connections to far away countries, and keep rival nations at bay. Choose from a wide array of ship classes, including a variety of transport and military vessels. Create diverse fleets and assign each of them specific trading routes. Control and upgrade well-situated ports as you form your strategy for domination.
For greater tactical depth, command your ship and give independent orders to each of your fleets. Fight against the other European powers to create a trading empire that will rule above all!
At E3 in Los Angeles development teams for Hearts of Iron III, East India Company and Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim will showcase brand new features for their eagerly anticipated titles.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.