Hamburg, May 19, 2011 - The call goes out now to all fans of strategy games from North America and Europe to join closed beta testing of gamigo’s free-to-play real-time strategy game Elements of War Online. On the tactical map, thousands of players can fight for control of 50 territories simultaneously. This results in a continual shift in the balance of power between the Russian and American forces.
A single player version of Elements of War was released in stores in April by Kalypso Media. Elements of War Online is very different from this version in a number of ways. The focus of beta testing will be on the localization of the game as well as community and multiplayer features. Since the units of each faction are different, balancing will also be a major focus of the tests.
One of the most important new additions to the online version is that troops gain experience in battle, thus becoming stronger and earning new skills. Players can see at any time on the dynamic map where any hot spots are so they can send their armies into the fray of the action.
Players can sign up to join beta testing on the game’s official
Features at a glance:
- Tactical map with 50 different battle zones
- 16 maps (forest, desert, town, plains, hills, snow)
- Element weapons (earthquakes, tornadoes, thunder, electro-magnetic pulses, storms)
- 2 playable factions (USA, Russia); more factions in planning
- 31 unit types for each faction (infantry, vehicles, planes,
- Experimental units (such as units with modern armor and uniforms)
- Up to 8 players on one map (4-on-4)
- Units gather experience and gain ranks, can be equipped and learn skills
- Destroyable environments
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.