Epic Storybook Adventure from Square Enix Brings Entirely New FINAL FANTASY Story to Nintendo DS.
LOS ANGELES (October 5, 2010) — Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in North America, today announced that FINAL FANTASY®: THE 4 HEROES OF LIGHT™ is now available at North American retailers. FINAL FANTASY: THE 4 HEROES OF LIGHT is the first original FINAL FANTASY role-playing game (RPG) developed exclusively for Nintendo DS™. Featuring beautiful storybook-style graphics, an engaging party-based adventure, action-packed combat throughout, and even four-player cooperative multiplayer, FINAL FANTASY: THE 4 HEROES OF LIGHT redefines what RPG gamers can expect on Nintendo DS.
With FINAL FANTASY: THE 4 HEROES OF LIGHT, the FINAL FANTASY series is rendered anew as an epic storybook adventure from the creators of the critically acclaimed remakes of FINAL FANTASY III and FINAL FANTASY IV for Nintendo DS. Players enter a lush fairy-tale world featuring illustrations and character designs by art director Akihiko Yoshida (FINAL FANTASY III for DS, FINAL FANTASY XII).
In addition to the game’s vibrant artwork, FINAL FANTASY: THE 4 HEROES OF LIGHT introduces several features that are entirely new to the franchise, including the Action Point Combat System, which allows players to unleash their most powerful attacks by saving up action points during battle. Players will also have 28 jobs to choose from and dozens of abilities to master with the new Crown Job System, which dynamically changes the appearance of characters as they are equipped with new weapons and armor.
FINAL FANTASY: THE 4 HEROES OF LIGHT tells the tale of a young boy who sets out on a journey of self-discovery with his friends, only to be tasked with saving the world from an unexpected evil. With both single-player and multiplayer modes, FINAL FANTASY: THE 4 HEROES OF LIGHT challenges players to take on the roles of four endearing characters who do not always see eye to eye. The multiplayer mode allows up to four players to work together and become the Heroes of Light as they travel alongside their friends on a journey to save the world.
In the small kingdom of Horne, Brandt awakes on the morning of his 14th birthday.
Today is the day he becomes an adult, and the custom of the realm says that he must go to the castle to present himself to the king.
Yet when he arrives at the castle, he finds the king distraught and the youngest princess missing, abducted by the Witch of the North. With no one else to turn to, the king makes a shocking request: will Brandt save the princess?
And thus Brandt’s adventure begins…
- The first original FINAL FANTASY title for Nintendo DS brought to life by the development team behind the Nintendo DS remakes of FINAL FANTASY III and FINAL FANTASY IV
- Charming storybook visuals crafted under the guidance of art director and character designer Akihiko Yoshida (FINAL FANTASY III for DS, FINAL FANTASY XII)
- Combat is fun and intuitive with a battle system that operates on Action Points. Requiring nothing more than a simple selection of commands, players can dive right into a classic turn-based RPG battle experience
- The Crown Job System offers a selection of 28 jobs from which to choose. Players can freely customize a character’s abilities and magic skills no matter which crown they have equipped. The possibilities are endless!
- Help friends advance in their adventure, or join forces to conquer tough dungeons. The multiplayer mode enables cooperative play for up to four players
FINAL FANTASY: THE 4 HEROES OF LIGHT is rated E10+ (Everyone 10 and older). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings. FINAL FANTASY: THE 4 HEROES OF LIGHT is now available at North American retailers nationwide for the suggested retail price of $34.99. The official website can be found at http://ff4heroes.com/na.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.