Frogster America announced that the item shop for Runes of Magic, the Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (MMORPG) that is redefining the standard for free-to-play titles, is now open and players have the option of purchasing items that will enable them to achieve their goals in the game world faster. With an exciting and engaging story, more than 1,000 quests at launch and 30 character class combinations, Runes of Magic is the most immersive, content-rich, free-to-play MMO game ever created. The item shop will allow players that are interested in a specific item, or too busy to wait for random item drops, to quickly upgrade their armor, weapons, spells and more.
“Runes of Magic is a free-to-play game, and we want to ensure we are creating a game that appeals to the widest possible audience,” said Sean Kauppinen, president and CEO of Frogster America, Inc. “Many players don’t have the time to wait for randomly dropped items that could enhance their overall gameplay experience. For those players, and players that have their heart set on a specific item, we have opened the item shop and are looking forward to delivering a fun, immersive, and social online game that appeals to the widest possible audience.”
Runes of Magic went into the open beta in December with English and German versions, and more than 300,000 players have already entered the world. Anyone interested can now download the game for free at: www.runesofmagic.com.
About Runes of Magic
Runes of Magic is the Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (MMORPG) that is redefining the standard for free-to-play titles. With an exciting and engaging story, more than 1,000 quests at launch and 30 character class combinations, Runes of Magic is the most immersive, content-rich free-to-play MMO game ever created. More than 300,000 people have already signed up and entered the world with hundreds of thousands more expected as word of the game’s features and community spread each day. Already a winner of multiple awards for its content and overall gameplay, Runes of Magic is expected to be a major international hit in 2009 and beyond. For more information, please visit: www.runesofmagic.com
Runes of Magic features
· Free-to-play: no monthly fees, free download
· Extensive dual class system (six primary and secondary classes)
· Versatile spell- and attack-combinations
· Enthralling background story
· More than 1,000 quests and quest series on launch
· No zone boundaries thanks to seamless architecture
· Dungeons: Instanced and tile based as well as persistent
· Individually developable skills and spells
· Armor sets with special bonuses
· Dynamic item system with hundreds of runes for upgrading
· Optional PvP system with arena battles and guild wars
· Ranking system with player-ranking lists
· Multitude of unique mounts
· Epic crafting system with the chance to improve existing items
· Personalization of player houses through individual furnishing
· Reputation system
· Customizable user interface with the option to use Add-Ons
· Map and radar system to find dealers, resources and quests easily
· In-game auction houses for trading items
· Teleport-Runes for instant travel
· Mouse and keyboard controls for movement
· Regular updates with new content
· Cross-server fights in three-server-battle in development
· Guild houses in special zones in development
About Runewaker Entertainment Ltd.
Runewaker Entertainment was founded in August of 2004, with the headquarters located in Taichung, Taiwan. The founding members are all very experienced in the field and decided to come together to pursue their own dream. Currently Runewaker employs over 40 highly skilled programmers, designers and artists and is constantly expanding. Runewaker specializes in making massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPG). The company has built their own engine from scratch that rivals some of the best that is available out on the market. Their first product, Radiant Arcana (Runes of Magic), is already completed and currently in Open Beta Phase in China. Runewaker is currently producing more content for Runes of Magic.
For more information visit: http://www.runewaker.com/
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.