Pilot a Wanzer and Experience the FRONT MISSION Universe in a Whole New Way.
LOS ANGELES (September 28, 2010) - Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in North America, announced today that it has shipped FRONT MISSION EVOLVEDTM to North American retailers. The riveting third-person shooter is now available on PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and in stereoscopic 3D for Windows PC.
Developed in collaboration by Double Helix Games and Square Enix, the third-person shooter breaks the mold of the franchise and delivers an action-packed experience with the distinct aesthetic of the FRONT MISSION® universe. This newest addition to the series allows players to take on the role of Dylan Ramsey as he faces enemies after a terrorist attack turns the world in to a place of destruction, conspiracy and crumbling alliances. Players control giant, customizable, walking tanks known as wanzers, futuristic military weapons with exceptional speed, firepower and adaptability.
“With the emergence of real-world wanzers as an imminent possibility, FRONT MISSION EVOLVED offers a realistic view of the future of warfare,” said David Hambling, military expert and author of Weapons Grade: How Modern Warfare Gave Birth to Our High-Tech World. “Technology has now advanced to a point where Wander Panzers [wanzers] begin to look not just possible but inevitable…The only question is when the walking war machines will arrive.”
These massive, humanoid war machines are customized and piloted by players as they fight high-intensity battles through metropolises such as New York City, over 150 years in the future. In addition to the single-player campaign, players will be able to pit their wanzers against opponents from around the world, proving the superiority of their own war machines in four different multiplayer modes. FRONT MISSION EVOLVED will embed players in heart-pounding, large-scale action unlike anything they have ever seen before.
For more information, please visit www.frontmissionevolved.com and the official Facebook page. Additionally, keep up with the all the latest insider news from the team through the official development blog: http://member.square-enix.com/na/features/fme/.
In the future, the world is a changed place. Technology has advanced. Countries have merged into massive geopolitical blocks. But one thing, sadly, remains the same - humanity’s appetite for war. When a terrorist attack destroys one of the U.C.S.’s prized orbital elevators, the military is mobilized to eliminate the threat.
Dylan Ramsey, a young engineer, finds himself quickly caught in a swirl of destruction, conspiracies and crumbling alliances. Experience his story in this high-octane third-person shooter.
Choose from dozens of weapons and parts, including weapons that can be equipped on both hands and shoulders, to customize your wanzer and blast your way to victory.
When you think you’re ready for a new challenge, join the ranks of online pilots for intense multiplayer battles!
- Engage enemies amidst the concrete of labyrinthine cities, across the frozen wastes of the Antarctic and a host of other unique battlefields. Master the speed, firepower and adaptability of the multipurpose wanzer to ensure survival and success.
- Choose from dozens of weapons and parts, equipping up to four weapons on both hands and shoulders to customize your wanzer and blast your way to victory.
- Equip weapons ranging from standard-issue machine guns to high-powered rifles and heavy-hitting, shoulder-mounted rocket launchers to administer widespread destruction.
- Optimize wanzer mobility for any type of terrain with specialized leg parts.
- After trashing enemies in single-player mode, enter a new battlefield online - solo or in a team - and match skills against other players fielding their own, highly customized wanzers.
- Become immersed in a rich story crafted by the storytelling masterminds at Square Enix.
- Experience the full force of battle in stereoscopic 3D for Windows PC through NVIDIA® 3D VisionTM technology.
FRONT MISSION EVOLVED is rated T (Teen). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings. FRONT MISSION EVOLVED is available at North American retailers for the suggested retail price of $59.99 for the PlayStation 3 system and Xbox 360, and $49.99 for Windows PC.
FRONT MISSION EVOLVED is also available for PC users via download through Valve’s Steam® platform for digital content distribution.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.