“Gears of War 2″ fans around the world can engage in even more intense action in treacherous winter settings offered by the latest “Gears of War 2″ Add-on, the Snowblind Map Pack. Trudge, crawl and roadie run through the harshest of weather conditions as you and your squadmates dive into four new multiplayer maps.Spanning tunnels, bridges, courtyards and offices, players can sharpen their skills on the four new maps in the Snowblind Add-on: Grindyard, Under Hill, Courtyard and Fuel Depot.
All maps are playable on every “Gears of War 2″ multiplayer mode, including the highly popular Horde mode:Grindyard is a massive industrial complex located in a junk-processing plant from the days of Sera’s industrial excess. The office, now gutted, serves as a perfect place to fortify, but if you’re not careful, you’ll end up trapped inside the office with no hope of escape.
Under Hill takes players through snowbound tunnels that were once billed as a feat of Seran engineering. Head for high ground on the bridge and you’ll be rewarded with massive firepower, but be prepared to defend your position and try to escape being cornered.
Courtyard is a wide-open battle royale containing explosive weapons that once formed the heart of Ephyra’s fashionable Civic Center. Lines of sight are far and clear here, and battles tend to focus around the elevated sniper nest. Watch your back and keep a fresh clip.Fuel Depot, back by popular demand, Fuel Depot is a “Gears of War 2″ remake of the fan-favorite “Gears of War” map, but winter has set in and the depot is now covered in a blanket of snow. Open and unforgiving, it takes a well-coordinated team to cover all the angles here.
Also added to “Gears of War 2″ are nine new Achievements worth 250 points. Here’s the complete list of achievements, points and descriptions:
- “Rookie Gear”(10 points): Earn enough multiplayer experience to reach level 5 (Public only).
- “Seasoned Gear”(20 points): Earn enough multiplayer experience to reach level 15 (Public only).
- “Battle-Tested Gear” (30 points): Earn enough multiplayer experience to reach level 25 (Public only).
- “Battle-Hardened Gear” (50 points): Reach level 50 and play a match on each of the four Snowblind Map Pack maps (Public only).
- “Veteran Gear”(75 points): Reach level 100 and win a match on each of the four Snowblind Map Pack maps (Public only).
- “Never Eat Red Snow” (20 points): Complete waves 1 through 10 on all Snowblind Map Pack maps in Horde (any difficulty).
- “Icy Dead People” (25 points): Complete waves 1 through 50 on any Snowblind Map Pack map in Horde (any difficulty).
- “Frigid Body Dynamics” (5 points): Play a multiplayer match on each of the four Snowblind Map Pack maps (any mode).
- “The Weather Outside Is Lethal” (15 points): Win a multiplayer match on each of the four Snowblind Map Pack maps (any mode).
The “Gears of War 2″ Snowblind Map Pack Add-on is available for download on Xbox LIVE Marketplace starting today for 800 MS Points. “Gears of War 2″ is available exclusively on Xbox 360 and is rated “18″ by the BBFC. (Editor’s Note: Gears of War 2 is rated M for Mature in the United States. This was taken from the Xbox UK site as there was no official statement on the US Xbox site.)
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.