Fans worldwide are strapping on their boots, loading their Lancers, and gearing up for the global launch of Gears of War 3 on September 20, 2011. Adding fuel to the burning anticipation, Epic Games and Microsoft Game Studios today released a new developer ViDoc (Making Gears 3: Wicked Workshop) that reveals the exclusive content of the Gears of War 3 Epic and Limited Editions.
The new ViDoc takes you behind the scenes with Chris Perna, Epic’s Art Director, giving fans a window into the visionary mind that helped spawn some of gaming’s most iconic characters and settings.
Watch Perna unveil the centerpiece of the Gears of War 3 Epic Edition—a fine collectible statue of Marcus Fenix skillfully designed by Perna and expertly crafted by the artisans at Triforce. Available for preorder now, Gears of War 3 comes in three flavors: a standard edition ($59.99 US) and two special editions:
- Limited Edition ($79.99 US)—A must-have for fans who want to celebrate the culmination of the trilogy, this edition includes:
- Octus Award Display Box and Octus Service Medal—Replicas of the honors bestowed on Adam Fenix, Marcus’s father, for his work on the Hammer of Dawn.
- Unlockable Adam Fenix Multiplayer Character—Each Octus Service Medal replica is engraved with a unique Xbox LIVE code that unlocks Adam Fenix in multiplayer.
- Fabric COG Flag—Proud colors that once flew above the House of Sovereigns.
- Personal Effects of Adam Fenix—Includes his “Last Will and Testament,” the initial Hammer of Dawn schematic, and other Fenix family mementos.
- Epic Edition ($149.99 US)—The ultimate collection for hardcore fans who can’t get enough Gears of War 3, this edition includes:
- Collectible Marcus Fenix Statue—The collaborative work of Chris Perna and the artisans at Triforce, this fine PVC collectible makes an evocative living room conversation piece for any true Gears fan.
- The Art and Design of Gears of War by Tom Bissell—Through unprecedented access to the Epic Games team, acclaimed author Tom Bissell (Extra Lives) gives readers an incisive behind-the-scenes glimpse into one of the most celebrated sagas in video game history with 96 pages of interviews, photos, concept artwork, and more.
- The Gears of War 3 Limited Edition—Nuf said!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.