FOSTER CITY, Calif., March 25, 2008 - Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. (SCEA) announced today the North American soundtrack for Gran TurismoTM5 Prologue, the fifth installment of the billion-dollar selling racing franchise developed exclusively for PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3TM) by Polyphony Digital Inc. The official Gran Turismo 5 Prologue soundtrack is headlined by an in-game exclusive remix of Weezer’s “Automatic,” from the band’s upcoming album and an EL-P remix of Mars Volta’s “Goliath.” The soundtrack will provide North American racing fans with a High Definition (HD) audio experience to complement Gran Turismo 5 Prologue’s stunning Full HD visuals, and furthers Sony Computer Entertainment’s commitment to providing an intermix of entertainment, music and games.
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue features an edgy soundtrack that mixes an aesthetic audio blending of indie dance rock, electronica, classic rock and brand new remixes by some of today’s hottest recording artists such as Weezer, Mars Volta and DJ Shadow, among others. The Gran Turismo 5 Prologue soundtrack enhances an already comprehensive driving experience, and it builds on the historic success of past Gran Turismo soundtracks that have featured original scores and licensed tracks from the biggest names in the recording industry.
“The Gran Turismo 5 Prologue soundtrack gives fans the perfect audio accompaniment to high-octane racing from Daytona to Eiger Nordwand,” said Jeff Reese, Director, Software Marketing, SCEA. “The edgy variety of music complements the pure adrenaline rush fans experience as they eclipse 200 miles-per-hour in the most authentic driving simulator around.”
The North American version of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue’s soundtrack offers fans a dozen exclusive singles from some of today’s hottest new artist such as Justice, The Klaxons and Friendly Fires, and pulses with new tracks such as “Love Love” made famous by Jimi Hendrix and interpolated by DJ Shadow, a pioneer in instrumental hip-hop and famed producer. In addition to the exclusive North American tracks and a new version of Gran Turismo theme song “Moon Over The Castle,” the soundtrack offers an international flare of recordings from Goose, Alloy Mental, naomee, Daiki Kasho and Nittoku Inoue.
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue North American Soundtrack
Exclusive Tracks to North America
- Weezer - “Automatic” (LA Riots remix)
- The Mars Volta - “Goliath” (EL-P remix)
- Justice - “Let There Be Light”
- SebastiAn - “Dolami”
- Kavinsky - “Testarossa Autodrive” (SebastiAn remix)
- DJ Shadow - “LOVE LOVE”
- Does it Offend You, Yeah? - “With a Heavy Heart (I Regret to Inform You)”
- The Earaches - “Not the Kind of Man I Am”
- Thin Lizzy - “The Rocker (Richard Evans Mix)”
- The Klaxons - “Golden Skans”
- Friendly Fires - “On Board”
- Pride Tiger - “Let ‘Em Go”
International Tracks also on the North American Soundtrack
- Masahiro Andoh - “Moon Over The Castle” (Gran Turismo 5 Prologue version)
- Nittoku Inoue - “Road Star”
- Nittoku Inoue - “100,000 R.P.M.”
- Nittoku Inoue - “Get Away”
- Nittoku Inoue - “V12″
- Nittoku Inoue - “Kill Switch”
- naomee - “Vanish From Angel”
- naomee - “Sky High Mountain Breeze”
- naomee - “Twieky 4″
- Daiki Kasho - “Surv1v3″
- Daiki Kasho - “Edge of the World”
- Daiki Kasho - “Flow”
- Goose - “Check”
- Goose - “3T4″
- Goose - “Everybody”
- Backdraft ft Tor - “Off The Wall”
- Alloy Mental - “We have Control”
- Reverend & The Makers - “The Machine”
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue will be available in April for $39.99 SRP on Blu-ray DiscTM (BD) and as a download via PLAYSTATION®Store.
The independent Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) rating for Gran Turismo 5 Prologue is “E” for “Everyone.” For more information about the ESRB visit www.esrb.org.
For more information about Gran Turismo 5 Prologue check out the official website at us.playstation.com/granturismo.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.