Roswell, GA, 7th October 2010: Tripwire Interactive are pleased, once again, to announce the release of another free content pack for their hit co-op survival-horror shooter, Killing Floor, along with a new DLC character pack – and an exclusive “The Ball” themed DLC character for Killing Floor.
The free Incendiary Content Pack gives a big boost to the Firebug perk in the form of a brand new weapon – the MAC-10. This submachine gun not only packs a punch with a high rate of fire and .45 caliber rounds, but for the Firebug will also fire incendiary ammo that will make his enemies do the fire dance. With this the Firebug now has his own personal close-range weapon. Also included in the content pack are four new maps that were selected from the best maps entered in the Grindhouse map making competition. These maps have been given the “Tripwire Treatment” and have been polished up and made official. And to celebrate the release Tripwire will be offering a 50% discount on Killing Floor and the existing DLC character packs through Sunday 10th October 2010. Highlights of the content pack include:
- Four new maps – Hospital Horrors, Biohazard, Mountain Pass, and Suburbia
- New Firebug weapon – the MAC-10 firing incendiary rounds
- New money system – money now rewarded based on % of damage dealt rather than who gets the final shot, no more kill poaching for money!
- Balance changes for several perks including the Sharpshooter, Commando, and Demolition perks
- Bug and map exploit fixes
As always the content pack is free to all those who already own Killing Floor and will automatically download through Steam.
The “PostMortem” DLC Character Pack will bring you four new playable characters for the game. The DLC will be available to purchase over Steam or in-game, to anyone who already owns a copy of Killing Floor. And the characters are another assortment of the lucky survivors of the Horzine outbreak:
- Harold Hunt: Harold was the front man for the underground punk band “The Fecking Nancies”, who played mingin’ pubs and bars all over South London. And if he wasn’t screaming into a microphone about anarchy and chaos he was out causing it by kicking the shite out of cockneys, chavs and pikies before stealing their bling. Courtesy of the Horzine outbreak, he’s finding out what real anarchy and chaos is.
- Kerry Fitzpatrick: After disfiguring one inmate in his last prison fight, the others stopped calling “Kerry” a girl’s name. During his transfer to the high-security psych ward at Broadmoor, he watched the guards get eaten by a herd of crazed, emaciated mutants. Kerry took pleasure ripping apart the monsters before looting the dead prison guards. From life in prison to a free man in seconds, Kerry has found a world where he truly fits in.
- Trooper Clive Jenkins: When he wasn’t jumping out of airplanes and breaking heads for the British government, Jenks could usually be found getting rat-arsed in the pubs of Aldershot and picking fights with civvies. C Company was on standby when word of the outbreak struck. They loaded into the Herc and jumped over London. Straight into a mob of chainsaw-wielding nutters. Come and get some, ya ponces!
- Paramedic Alfred Anderson: Working nightshift for the hospital can be interesting. It’s also a good place to stock up on supplies when the whole city has turned into a cannibalistic feeding frenzy. Well equipped and knowledgeable, Alfred’s a good ally to have when a fleshless creature is beating down your door.
And the Special One-off Character: to celebrate the upcoming release of “The Ball”, we are releasing a new playable character for Killing Floor – the hero from The Ball – Harchier Spebbington himself. The character will be available exclusively to anyone who pre-purchases The Ball from Steam before the release on 26th October. Pre-orders for The Ball launch on 18th October 2010, so move quick because once pre-orders are finished no more of this exclusive character will be available.
For more information or to purchase Killing Floor visit the Steam store page here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/1250/. For more information on The Ball visit the Steam store page here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/35460/.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.