8th December 2010, Roswell, GA: Christmas is coming early for Killing Floor fans, as Tripwire Interactive is happy to announce the massive Twisted Christmas event starting next week, just in time for the holidays. Featuring Christmas themed specimens replacing all of the regular baddies, a brand new level – Santa’s Evil Lair, Christmas themed achievements with a special unlockable character, an all new difficultly level and loads of new achievements this is THE gaming event of the holiday season. And if a pile of free content wasn’t enough for you, the Killing Floor crew have enlisted the help of a special guest to battle these Yule-tide baddies - Team Fortress 2’s Pyro. And the sharing doesn’t end there as the Pyro will be bringing back a special Killing Floor item to TF2 with him – Mr. Foster’s trademark gas mask and business tie! Be sure to check out the new trailer and read on for all of the exciting details:
Twisted Christmas Event Details
- Runs for the holiday season from December 14th to January 4th
- Free for everyone that owns Killing Floor – auto downloaded through Steam
- All new level – Santa’s Evil Lair
- All creatures in game replaced with Christmas themed monsters including the Gingerfast and the Nutpound
- More than double the achievement count with over 130 total achievements
- 13 new Christmas achievements
- Unlockable “Baddest Santa” playable character
- Red or blue Pyro from Team Fortress 2 as a playable character in KF, available to anyone that owns both Team Fortress 2 and Killing Floor
- Mr. Foster’s trademark gas mask and business tie as equipable items for the Pyro in Team Fortress 2 for anyone that owns or purchases Killing Floor before the end of the event
- All new difficulty level beyond suicidal – Hell on Earth
- Balance improvements
Remember, “Twisted Christmas” only runs for the holiday season from December 14th to January 4th. You must play during this time to experience the event, to unlock the Christmas achievements and to unlock the “Baddest Santa”. And if you don’t already own Team Fortress 2 and Killing Floor you must get them before the event ends on January 4th to unlock the special items in Team Fortress 2. To get more information on the fun of the Twisted Christmas event, check out the web page for it: http://www.killingfloorthegame.com/xmas, or take a look at the new trailer rolling out across the web. Killing Floor is available now on Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/1250/), Direct 2 Drive and in stores across the world.
Finally, on top of everything else, there will be a new DLC pack for you: “London’s Finest”. This brings you 4 new characters, survivors from London, fighting alongside London’s emergency services and the army, to try and stem the tide of zeds. You might have wondered what happened to the vicar from the Church in West London – well, Reverend Alberts made it out alive and is fighting to save his flock. With him comes the unlikely combination of a soccer hooligan known as “Chopper” Harris, Kevo the Chav and their new best friend, Captain Sir Richard Wiggins, 5th Baronet of Warbury, the only survivor of the guards at the Palace, still in full dress uniform. This motley crew make up a team known as “London’s Finest”, available as DLC to add on to your game, at the same time as the Twisted Christmas event.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.