Fans to enjoy the most fun and complete baseball experience available on the virtual diamond.
New York, NY - March 4, 2008 - 2K Sports, the sports publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), announced today that the highly anticipated title, Major League Baseball® 2K8, is now available on retail store shelves nationwide. As the most fun and exciting baseball experience on the market, Major League Baseball 2K8 revolutionizes player control in the latest installment of the popular franchise with brand-new pitching, fielding and baserunning, as well as a completely overhauled batting interface.
To bring fans closer to the action than ever before, Major League Baseball 2K8 will also feature authentic Major League and Minor LeagueTM stadiums that have been redesigned for accuracy, complete with the details and specific architecture of each ballpark and city. Other in-game features include a wholly unique trading card system to reward special achievements, robust Minor League system including 90 playable teams, all-new Signature StyleTM animations complete with home run celebrations and unique player walk-ups, and much more.
“We’re excited to offer our dedicated fans an incredibly fun and enriching baseball experience with Major League Baseball 2K8,” said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. “With the added level of depth and realism this year, including the new intuitive player controls, online trading card system and fully playable minor league teams, Major League Baseball 2K8 provides fans the opportunity to enjoy playing baseball like never before.”
Some of the exciting new features** and added content in Major League Baseball 2K8 include:
- Total Pitch Control — A new, innovative pitching interface allows players to emulate the realistic motion of pitching a baseball. Speed and accuracy are achieved by matching specific gestures and release with the right analog stick, simulating the arm and wrist action involved in throwing that particular type of pitch.
- Swing Stick 2.0 — Improved batting controls offer players unparalleled ball-to-bat contact that is determined by timing, direction and pitch location for a greater variety of realistic hits, including grounders, blooper singles, dribblers, gappers, and long home runs using the right analog stick.
- All-New Baserunning — Simplified controls allow fans to easily select players with the left analog stick and guide them toward specified bases with ease.
- Precision Throw Control — Provides unprecedented control over throw accuracy using the right analog stick, bringing a new level of realism to playing defense.
- Full Minor Leagues — Fans will be treated to 90 playable authentic Minor League teams, along with 18 Minor League stadiums in franchise and exhibition modes.
- Two of the Best Commentators in the Business — 2K Sports proudly brings back to the broadcast booth the popular duo of Jon Miller and Hall of Famer Joe Morgan, delivering the most entertaining and deepest commentary available in any baseball franchise.
- 2K Trading Cards — Earn them, share them, collect them, trade them, and then take a card-based team online to compete. Unlock and open trading card packs for the most in-depth card trading system ever, taking the Major League Baseball 2K community to a new level.
- Online Additions — Experience all-new multi-player offerings, including new online lobbies to help users match up with others who want to play with a similar style, including a “Strikes Only” lobby, where pitchers can only throw in the strike zone, and lobbies where players use the advanced analog stick controls or the controls from previous iterations of the Major League Baseball 2K series. With more than one million dedicated gamers in the 2K community, it’s always game time.
- A Smashing Soundtrack — 2K Sports has partnered with Pitchfork Media to construct an epic and cutting edge in-game soundtrack for the diverse tastes of today’s gamers. Some of the featured artists include Modest Mouse, Peter Bjorn & John, the Cure, the Strokes, LCD Soundsystem, The Cool Kids, and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club.
**Certain features will vary between platforms.
Major League Baseball 2K8, rated E for Everyone by the ESRB, is now available for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment systems, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, and WiiTM home video game system.
For more information, log onto http://www.2ksports.com.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.