The Era of Firearms has Arrived, Prepare for Battle in Eastern Europe’s Bloodiest Tale Yet.
NEW YORK, May 3rd, 2011 - Take up arms, hire mercenaries, and build your own empire-the world is what you make of it. Paradox Interactive today announced that highly anticipated open-world sandbox RPG Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword has officially launched and is now available on all leading digital distribution platforms for $14.99. To celebrate, a launch trailer and the demo has been released!
With Fire and Sword, the third stand-alone title in the acclaimed Mount & Blade series, gives players the freedom to decide who both their allies and enemies are as they create their own world inspired by Henryk Sienkiewicz’s 1884 cult classic novel “With Fire and Sword.” Players will plan tactical takeovers, scheme which castles to siege, and battle rival armies with traditional weapons found in previous Mount & Blade titles, as well as newly introduced firearms such as muskets and pistols. With plenty of new quests for players to partake in and a deep, immersive campaign mode, Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword continues the tradition of giving players an open-world experience like no other.
- Enhanced siege mechanics: storm the castle, blow up the walls, bribe an officer or poison the well/food to get past the defenses!
- New army and castle/town upgrade system
- The addition of firearms and explosives
- 15 new multiplayer maps and a new multiplayer mode, Captain Team Deathmatch in which players will command a squad of soldiers
- A setting based off the cult novel “With Fire and Sword” (1884) by Nobel- prize winner Henryk Sienkiewicz
- Multiple endings for high replay-ability
The game is a stand-alone game created by the independent developers Sich Studios together with Taleworlds Entertainment based on the Mount&Blade: Warband engine.
Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword is now available on all leading digital download platforms for $14.99, with a retail release following shortly. The retail box price will vary on different markets depending on retail box content.
Download the Mount&Blade: With Fire and Sword demo here!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.