Critically acclaimed basketball title gets price drop for five consoles in 2011.
New York, NY - February 1, 2011- 2K Sports announced today that NBA® 2K11, the top-selling and top-rated NBA video game simulation franchise*, which has sold nearly four million units worldwide, has become the fastest-selling title in both the history of the series and publishing label. In addition, NBA 2K11 has earned more than 25 awards and special honors from such respected media outlets as Spike TV’s Video Game Awards, IGN, G4TV’s X-Play, GameTrailers, Kotaku and Yahoo! Games.
“This game is special to everyone at 2K Sports,” said Greg Thomas, president of product development for 2K Sports. ”When we first landed Michael Jordan for the cover of NBA 2K11, we knew we had to produce a title worthy enough for the greatest player of all time. The number of accolades and sales milestone prove that we lived up to the challenge to create the greatest hoops game ever developed by 2K Sports. It’s not only a reverent tribute to His Airness, but a love letter to all the basketball fans whose continued support makes this franchise what it is today.”
Accolades for NBA 2K11 from the media include:
- “Sports Game of the Year? Try Sports Game of the Decade.”- IGN
- “NBA 2K11 is pure basketball gold. From the spine-tingling awesomeness of playing through the Jordan Challenges to the game’s astonishing attention to detail, it’s far and away the best sports experience of 2010– and possibly the best basketball simulation of all time.”- Yahoo! Games
- “There’s no denying how great this game is.”- G4TV’s X-Play
- “Visual Concepts’ once-in-a-generation effort is not just a decisive winner here, it is a worthy nominee for overall Game of the Year. No video game has ever tapped sports fans’ sense of nostalgia, or reaped such enthusiasm from it, like NBA 2K11, making its design a potential game changer in the genre…NBA 2K11 is time-capsule quality in terms of what it uniquely delivers and is, in all phases, the best sports video game of the year.”- Kotaku
- “In a category full of sequels, nobody stepped up its game like NBA 2K11.”- GameTrailers
NBA 2K11has received numerous awards, including:
- 4th String: Best Sports Game of the Year, Best Animation,
- CheatCodeCentral: Best Sports Game,
- Electric Playground: Best Sports Game,
- Entertainment Weekly: #9 Best Video Game of 2010,
- Examiner.com: Game of the Year,
- G4TV’s X-Play: Best Sports Game, Best Animation, Runner-Up: Game of the Year,
- Game Informer: Best Franchise Mode (Sports), Best New Feature (Sports),
- GameFocus: Best Sports Game (Team Sport),
- GameTrailers: Sports Game of the Year,
- IGN: Best Sports Game,
- Kotaku: Sports Game of the Year, Best Team Sports Game, Game of the Year nominee,
- MTV Clutch Blog: Top 10 Games of 2010,
- Official XBOX Magazine: Sports Game of the Year,
- Pasta Padre: #1 Sports Game of 2010,
- PC Gamer: Best Action Game of the Year,
- PlayStation Universe: Best Sports Game of 2010 (Team),
- Shacknews: Best of 2010 (Sports),
- Spike Video Game Awards: Best Team Sports Game,
- SPIN: #7 Best Video Game of 2010,
- Sports Illustrated: #1 Sports Game of 2010,
- USA Today: Top 10 Games of 2010,
- Yahoo! Games: Best Sports Game,
- ZoKnowsGaming: Best Sports Game of the Year.
NBA 2K11is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB and is now priced at $39.99 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and Wii system. Versions for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system and Windows PC are available for $19.99. For more information, please visit http://www.2ksports.com/games/
*According to 2008 - 2010 Gamerankings.com and The NPD Group estimates of U.S. retail video game sales through December 2010.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.