Straight from Sony comes the official fact sheet on the newly named, PlayStation Vita, formerly known as the NGP (Next Generation Portable), so here’s just about everything you wanted to know about the PS Vita, but didn’t.
PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita) from Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCE) offers an unparalleled combination of rich gaming and social connectivity within a real world context, made possible by leveraging SCE’s experience from its acclaimed console and handheld entertainment systems. Blurring the lines between interactive entertainment and reality, PS Vita enables revolutionary gaming experiences with dual analog sticks, front and rear cameras, front multi-touch display, multi-touch rear pad, GPS, six-axis motion sensors, and three-axis electronic compass.
This next generation portable entertainment system enables a revolutionary combination of rich gaming and social connectivity within a real world context. Among the titles in development for PS Vita are offerings from some of the biggest franchises as well as a myriad of original titles.
• Multi-touch 5-inch organic light emitting diode (OLED) front display
• Multi-touch pad on the rear of the device
• Dual analog sticks
• Front and rear facing cameras
• A new game medium, a small flash memory based card, dedicated for PS Vita software titles
• Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer), Three-axis
• Wi-Fi and 3G network connectivity
• PlayStation®Network access, including “LiveArea™” (a space for sharing with others), “near” (lets
users identify what friends in the vicinity are or were recently playing), “Party” (enables users to
enjoy voice chat or text chat not only during online gaming, but also when they are playing different
games or using different applications such as the internet browser), and “Activity” (it logs the latest
accomplishments from people playing the same games)
• Full PlayStation® Trophy Support
• Able to play PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) titles, minis and video from PlayStation®Store
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.