BERLIN - July 11, 2008 Frogster Interactive announced today that pre-registration for the closed beta test of its upcoming free-to-play MMORPG, Runes of Magic, is now available. Gamers looking for a chance to explore the mystical realm of Taborea early and help the developers fine-tune the game can register online at http://www.runesofmagic.com/.
The opening of beta registration marks the launch of the official website for Runes of Magic, including a great deal of detailed information revealing the history of Taborea, as well as the skills and abilities of the game’s six main classes: warrior, scout, rogue, mage, cleric and knight. In addition, official forums are now available for members of the community, as are wallpapers, concept art, and the teaser video.
Runes of Magic - a world full of wizardry and adventure
In Runes of Magic, players explore and discover a magical realm full of wonders and ancient riddles. On their way from simple novice to famous hero, they will always be accompanied by magical runes and potent oracles which are fragments of the divine book Taborea. In Runes of Magic, players should use the rune stones wisely, for they might also lure them to a path of destruction. But legend has it that he who embraces the oracle and acquires its might will gain absolute power over the future. It is now up to the player to write the history of the world.
To do that, players have access to a dual class system which allows them to freely combine their main and secondary classes, in order to freely build a character the way they want. On their way through Taborea, they learn professions and special skills to forge or enhance mighty armor and weaponry. After a hard day of labor players can relax in their own homes, which they can arrange any way they want. In addition, they have access to a dynamic item and rune system, as well as three gathering and eight crafting professions. Dangerous dungeons, raids and an extensive PVP system challenge heros in the long run.
The Taiwanese developers of the game, Runewaker Entertainment Ltd., grew up in the USA and were enthusiastic Ultima Online and World of Warcraft players. Runes of Magic was developed in a time frame of three years, similar to western MMO standards. Runemaker plans to provide new challenges for players every three to four months with free add-ons and updates.
Frogster Interactive Pictures AG aims to release both the European-English and American versions at the same time. Concerning the U.S. version, Frogster is currently looking for a qualified U.S. publisher.
Runes of Magic Features:
- Free2play, no monthly fees, free download
- Dual class system with switchable primary and secondary classes
- Enthralling background story
- Over 600 quests and level comprehensive quest series at launch
- Instanced and persistent dungeons
- Individually developed skills and spells
- Armor sets with special bonuses
- Dynamic item system: upgrades with hundreds of runes
- Activatable PvP system (Player vs. Player duels)
- Epic crafting system with the chance to improve existing items
- Individual coloring of clothes and armor
- Housing: personalization with individual furniture for players and guilds
- Special zones for guild houses
- Reputation system
- Scalable user interface based on the user’s flavor (development of own add-ons possible)
- In-game map and radar system to find dealers, resources and quests easily
- Auction house: auction and purchase items
- Teleporting possibilities per runes
- Different and unique mounts
- Control via mouse (point & click) and keyboard (WASD or arrow keys) possible
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.