Upcoming content update raises level cap to 60 and opens new region of the game.
SAN FRANCISCO and BERLIN - July 15, 2010 - Terrible danger lays hidden in the shadowy depths of the Northern Janost Forest. Terrifying half-breeds – half demon and half dragon – threaten the new region which awaits players in the next content update for Runes of Magic. After overcoming a range of new quests on the search for the root of all evil, adventurers can now reach level 60 – the new maximum level in “Chapter III – The Elder Kingdoms”. The update is due to be available on all live servers in the next few weeks.
Adventurers must also help uncover the mystery of the dragon half-breeds in the ancient conflict between two sworn enemies - the Elves of Jyr’na and the Beastmen of Angren. On one side stand the Degenerated Elves, long since corrupted by a dark energy they had hoped to subdue. On the other side stand the Angren who are fighting for the survival of their people as the Elves are sucking the life power from their homeland – the Northern Janost Forest.
Over 100 quests will lead players through the new region when the next content update arrives, and the players themselves will continue the story of the third chapter. If the challenge is accepted, players will be able to collect experience points to help them achieve their goal of reaching the new level cap of 60.
For more information on the new region “The Northern Janost Forest” please see the official Runes of Magic website at: www.runesofmagic.com
Runes of Magic – A world full of magic and adventure
‘Runes of Magic’ has redefined the standard for free-to-play MMORPGs with its wide range of features. The online role-play game is based on an exciting, multi-layered story, driven by more than 2,700 quests set in the atmospheric fantasy world of Taborea which spreads over two continents. Players choose one of eight classes which they can combine with a secondary class. Each class combination has individually assigned elite skills. ‘Runes of Magic’ offers two races to choose between, the elves and the humans, which can be customized using the wide selection of available physical characteristics. A large range of furniture and other functional items lets players furnish and customize their own virtual homes. In guilds, groups of players can construct their own guild castles which may then be expanded with additional buildings and powerful siege engines allowing them to go head-to-head in absorbing guild wars. Thanks to comprehensive crafting and ranking systems, gripping player vs. player features such as arenas and open battlefields, flexible and extensive customization of the user interface, a selection of demanding dungeons and many other features ‘Runes of Magic’ has something for everyone. So far Runes of Magic has attracted over 3.5 million registered users making it one of the most popular and successful free-to-play MMORPGs on the market.
Runes of Magic Features
• Dual class system with eight classes and unique elite skills
• Individual furnishing of player housing and guild castles
• Gripping player-versus-player duels in arenas and on the battlefield
• Guilds can set themselves against each other in formidable guild wars
• In-depth story experienced through above 2,700 quests laced with epic quest-lines
• Easy travel using portals and a wide range of mounts
• Challenging boss-combat in dangerous and extensive dungeons with up to 36 players
• Dual difficulty levels in the most challenging dungeons
• Entertaining mini-games for single players and guilds alike
• Dynamic crafting and customization of items
• Versatile role play elements including a marriage system
• Regular comprehensive free updates with new game content
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.