New Units, New Maps, New Enduring Items, Automated Tournament System and More.
(Rohnert Park, CA) - June 18, 2008 - Independent game developer S2 Games continues its commitment to support fans and community with the release of the second, massive free content update for Savage 2: A Tortured Soul. Delivering on the promise to continually update and support Savage 2, this marks the second in a series of free, sizable content updates that other publishers might ordinarily charge for.
The completely free content update will bring many new features to Savage 2, including:
- Enduring Items - Unlike regular items, which players lose upon dying, Enduring Items will stay with players throughout the match. Some items will have only a one-time use, while others may have an ongoing effect for a specific period of time
- New Special Unit: “Maliken” - Maliken is a late-game super unit, designed to be the most powerful unit seen in Savage 2 to date. To play as this unit, players will first need to acquire a series of special Enduring Items which will enable them to transform into Maliken and potentially turn the tide of battle for their team
- New Beast Unit: “The Hunter” - Frequent players of the Beast Horde will be saying goodbye to one of their old units, the Summoner, and saying hello to a new unit, the Hunter. This new unit will improve game balance and provide Beast players with a fun and unique new unit to play
- Automated Tournament System - The Savage 2 website will now have full tournament functionality for clans. This will be an automated system where clans can sign up for a specified tournament and receive their schedule/dates of play. Servers will be reserved in-game and clans will receive notifications of when they need to play. S2 Game will, of course, be hosting tournaments in the future and providing sponsorships as well as great prizes
- Unit Movement Enhancements - Adding to the already robust combat system, this latest update adds a bevy of new “dodge and evade” maneuvers greatly enhancing the current arsenal of character moves
- New Community Created Maps: “Desolation,” “Ancient Cities” and “Hidden Village” - All maps were created by community members who submitted their maps for forum contests. Desolation and Hidden Village were created by “Mercenary,” while Ancient Cities was created by “Manias”
- Character Taunts - This latest update provides a unique “taunt animation” for each character in the game so now players can destroy the opposing team in both body AND mind!!!
“This latest update is really a culmination of ideas from the S2 development team AND the Savage 2 community,” said Marc DeForest, co-founder and lead designer of S2 Games. “We are constantly working to elicit feedback from the players in order to create new content that will really have a positive impact on gameplay.”
About Savage 2: A Tortured Soul
Savage 2: A Tortured Soul is the sequel to the critically acclaimed online multiplayer game Savage: A Battle for Newerth, which introduced gamers to the completely new Real Time Strategy Shooter (RTSS) gaming genre. Savage enabled players to opt for either the fast-paced, run-and-gun action of a first-person shooter (FPS) game - playing as a Warrior - or the more cerebral and tactical planning of a real-time strategy (RTS) game - playing as a Commander - working together as a team to defeat the enemy. Savage 2: A Tortured Soul builds upon the addicting, fast-paced gameplay of the original with additional squad-based features and enhanced role-playing game (RPG) elements which enable players to build their character level and abilities throughout the game.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.