Latest entry in the award-winning franchise arrives today with a wealth of enhancements and new features ready to conquer your PC, playable demo available for download starting now.
New York, NY – September 21, 2010– 2K Games announced today that Sid Meier’s Civilization® V is available today at retail outlets across North America. Developed by 2K’s world-renowned Firaxis Games studio for the PC, the latest addition to the franchise that popularized the addictive “just one more turn” gameplay is back and the critics have spoken: it’s bigger and better than ever.
“We couldn’t be more excited about Civilization V,” said Sid Meier, director of creative development at Firaxis Games. “The response we’ve received from long-time fans of the series has been incredibly positive and very rewarding. It’s a tricky endeavor making a new version of a game folks still love to play, and I think our terrific team at Firaxis has made something that will deliver another great Civ experience to players around the world.”
Here are a few of the things that the industry’s top critics are saying about Civilization V:
- “If anything is going to rear a new generation of strategy gamers like the very first Civilization did for me, it’s this.” – Game Informer, 9.75 out of 10
- “Civ Vis the best representation of the series and certainly the most accessible for new and old players alike” – G4TV, 5 out of 5 Stars
- “Indisputably the best-looking turn-based strategy game ever made.”– PC Gamer, 93%, Editor’s Choice Award
- “Civilization V is one of the best turn-based strategy games I’ve ever had the pleasure of playing.” – IGN.com, 9.0 out of 10, Editor’s Choice Award
- “Civilization 5is the most intuitive version of the epic strategy series yet.” – Joystiq, 5 out of 5 Stars
- “Civ V is the pinnacle of the franchise to date.” – Destructoid, 9.5 out of 10
- “All in all, Civilization V is an amazing game.” – Shacknews
- “My favorite Civilization to date.”—The Escapist, 5 out of 5 Stars
“They said it couldn’t be done, but the talented team at Firaxis Games has managed to make a game that tops Sid Meier’s Civilization IV,their previous magnum opus,” said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. “A beautiful new engine, many enhancements to the combat and a streamlined interface make Sid Meier’s Civilization V both the deepest and most accessible Civ game ever.”
Civilization V takes this definitive strategy game series in new directions with the introduction of hexagonal tiles allowing for deeper strategy, more realistic gameplay and stunning organic landscapes for players to explore as they expand their empire. The brand new engine delivers a spectacular visual experience that brings players closer to the Civ world than ever, featuring fully animated leaders interacting with players from a screen-filling diplomatic scene and speaking in their native language for the first time. Wars between empires feel massive, as armies dominate the landscape and combat is more exciting and intense than ever before. The addition of ranged bombardment allows players to fire weapons from behind the front lines, challenging them to develop clever new strategies to guarantee victory on the battlefield. In addition to the new gameplay features debuting in Civilization V,an extensive suite of community, modding and multiplayer elements will also be available.
Sid Meier’s Civilization V is rated E10+ (Everyone 10 and older) by the ESRB and is available today on the PC for $49.99. A playable demo will be available to download free of charge starting now. Additionally, the Sid Meier’s Civilization V Digital Deluxe Edition is available at participating digital distribution sites for $59.99, and the Sid Meier’s Civilization V Special Edition is available at select outlets for $99.99. For more information please visit www.civilization5.com.
2K Games is a division of 2K, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.