NEW YORK - March 9, 2009 Mezmer Games today announced the April release of Stalin vs. Martians, developed by an alliance of three independent studios: Black Wing Foundation, Dreamlore and N-Game.
Stalin vs. Martians, as the name suggests, is a game both absolutely ridiculous and over-the-top. Fun and accessible, it takes a simple arcade-like approach to the genre of real-time strategy. The player controls the Red Army as it defends Earth from the Martian Invasion of 1942, the highly classified military operation which even today remains a closely guarded state secret. Stalin himself conducts the mission briefings, and later even becomes a playable unit.
The bold leader is duly serious even as he faces the most ridiculous threat the world has ever known. The game itself is far from standard RTS fare; this is not a realistic and deeply strategic war simulation, but a straightforward, fun and light-hearted arcade-style game complete with power-ups falling from conquered foes in the form of bright shiny coins.
Stalin vs. Martians features include:
- Unique concept and design.
- Fast-paced and lighthearted arcade-style real-time strategy, with power-ups, coin-collection and speedy reinforcements.
- Accessible and fun, well suited even for people who don’t normally play strategy games.
- A single-player campaign of 12 missions.
- Incredible Russian electronic soundtrack and wild music-video intermissions.
The game is scheduled for release in April 2009 as one of the first releases of Mezmer Games, the new company under Paradox Interactive that focuses on indie development.
To view the new trailer, please visit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
For more information, please visit: http://www.mezmergames.com/
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.