The Stylish New Action-RPG Makes Its Way to Retailers across North America.
Los Angeles (Apr. 22, 2008) Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of Square EnixTM interactive entertainment products in North America, announced that THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOUTM was shipped to North American retailers today.
The creators of FINAL FANTASY® and KINGDOM HEARTS bring a new mix of innovation and style to Nintendo DSTM with THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU. Drop into the center of Japan’s youth culture with this stylish new title, set to revolutionize the way that DS games are experienced with its creative battle system, distinctive art style and hip soundtrack.
With a completely unique take on the capabilities of the DS system, THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU takes familiar DS functionalities and adds an exhilarating new edge. The battle system challenges players to take control of two characters simultaneously, choosing from a variety of touch and sound commands to unleash dynamic psychic abilities. With a soundtrack that complements the vibrant, urban visual style and a plot filled with riveting twists and turns, THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU promises to set new standards for the next generation of gamers.
The story begins as Neku Sakuraba, an unsociable 15-year-old boy, unexpectedly wakes up in the Shibuya shopping district of Tokyo, Japan. While trying to understand his rude awakening, he receives a strange text message warning him that he will cease to exist unless he accomplishes a certain mission. Although he barely has time to grasp what is happening to him, he undertakes his assigned task on the mysterious streets of Shibuya.
- FEATURES Distinctive modern art style created by a team of artists led by Tetsuya Nomura, world-renowned character designer of the upcoming FABULA NOVA CRYSTALLIS® project which includes FINAL FANTASY XIII and FINAL FANTASY Versus XIIITM
- Innovative Stride-Cross Battle System allows the player to control two characters simultaneously, unleashing special attacks with the stylus
- Collect a vast array of custom-designed pins, each with a powerful psychic ability that can be activated with the right touch or sound command
- Customize characters with Shibuya’s coolest fashions and exchange items with other players via Mingle Mode
- Experience an amazing soundtrack, which combines musical influences from hip-hop to rock to electronica
- Battle with up to three friends in Tin Pin Slammer, an exciting and fast-paced mini-game, via local wireless connection
THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU is rated T (Teen). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings. THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU will be available at North American retailers for the suggested retail price of $39.99 (USD). The official website can be found at http://www.theworldendswithyou.com/.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.