RON: Evolution Video Game to Include Sam Flynn in Multiplayer Arenas. Free Downloadable Content and Multiplayer Features Announced.
November 23, 2010 – TRON: Evolution will feature free downloadable content available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Games For Windows - LIVE. The content is accessible via a code available only in the retail case.
The free downloadable content includes two multiplayer maps - Codestream Nexus and User’s Plaza - and are available at release. A Sam Flynn multiplayer skin, which will be available the week of December 13, enables players’ multiplayer avatar to resemble Sam Flynn, a central character in the “TRON: Legacy” film.
The only son of Kevin Flynn, Sam Flynn is an adventurous and rebellious 27-year-old. The TRON: Evolution single player experience takes place before the events of “TRON: Legacy,” and in advance of when Sam Flynn has entered the Grid.
With the two free additional maps, TRON: Evolution has a total of six multiplayer maps at release. Additional maps are scheduled to be available as downloadable content in the future.
The User’s Plaza multiplayer map features a maze of roadways surrounding Kevin Flynn’s central speaking platform.
Vehicles dominate the Codestream Nexus map in the center of Arjia, the spiritualist city.
The TRON: Evolution multiplayer modes feature 10-player online competitive multiplayer with programs battling on game grids based within the franchise.
Like the single-player experience, players move through environments using free roaming, climbing and vehicles while battling with high mobility combat and discs.
Online multiplayer games can include both players and AI bots in the maps featuring close-quarters combat. Players can choose teams that include players and AI bots or join together on one team to battle a team of AI bots in a co-op set-up.
In single-player mode, players can choose quickly to be transported into multiplayer arenas. Their single-player game is automatically saved and their status in both online and offline is the same.
Players will have the choice of selecting among three light cycles as they progress through the game. The three light cycles have different handling and features.
In vehicle maps, all players can transform into light cycles at any time to move freely around the environments.
The light cycles are fast, nimble vehicles that leave light trails that can derezz opponents.
Players can also throw their disc at enemies while moving on certain light cycles
Light cycles can turn both on arcs or on right angles
Two tanks are available to the first players to access them on vehicle maps.
The tanks provide the advantage of being strong and powerful but are also slow.
With the proper skill and strategy, players on foot and on light cycles can destroy tanks.
Separate from the two additional maps, there are four online multiplayer maps each suited for different styles of combat and strategy. Half are larger maps that enable players to transform into light cycles or access one of the limited tanks on the map.
The names of the maps and descriptions are:
- Defrag - This map takes place on the outskirts of the cities. This is a large map featuring vehicles
- Circuit Board - This is another large map with platforms and vehicles
- Hard Disk - This is a medium-sized map with movement on foot only and vertical architecture enabling free roaming movement and climbing
- Heat Sink - This is another medium-sized map with movement on foot only and a vertical structure
Four game modes are available for each map. The modes provide a variety of gameplay challenges for players of all skill levels.
- Disintegration - Players compete individually to derezz their opponents most. The player with the highest derezz total, having wiped out the most players, wins.
- Team Disintegration - Teams compete to derezz the other team’s players.
- Bit Runner - A central bit is available to be acquired. Teams compete to pick up the bit and stay on the grid while the other team attempts to derezz the bit runner and acquire the bit. The team with the most points holding the bit wins.
- Power Monger - Teams compete to secure capture points. Energy nodes have to be linked in order to gain points.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.