SANTA MONICA, Calif. - March 20, 2009 - The Game Factory, an international publisher of family-friendly and casual video and computer games, today announced that World Championship GamesTM A Track & Field EventTM is now in stores exclusively for the Nintendo DSTM for $29.99 in North America. World Championship GamesTM is a hyper-realistic athletic sport simulation game packed with fourteen entertaining and challenging Olympic events, including a variety of multiplayer gameplay modes such as online, pass around, single and multi-cartridge as well as a top notch presentation featuring superior graphics, 3D customizable male and female athletes and a variety of competition venues.
World Championship GamesTM invites gamers to travel to some of the world’s most renowned stadiums and participate in intense international athletics competitions. Players compete to beat world records and collect medals by using a combination of stylus sliding, touch screen taping, and a mix of D-pad and the L or R button. Whether playing in single player mode against the game’s artificial intelligence or challenging friends over the Nintendo Wi-Fi connection, World Championship GamesTM provides the most realistic sport simulation gameplay for handheld consoles. Developed at The Code Monkeys in Dewsbury, England, World Championship Games is rated E for everyone.
World Championship GamesTM Features include :
- Accurate representations of 14 events: 100m, Long Jump, Shot Put, High Jump, 400m, 110m Hurdles, Discus, Pole Vault, Javelin, 1500m, Hammer, Running Target Riﬂe shooting, Rapid Fire Pistol shooting and Archery.
- Superior character animation, modeling and A.I.
- Hugely detailed international stadiums, including venues in Canada, France, Japan, Spain and China.
- Single player Decathlon, Tournament and Quick Event modes, and Multiplayer modes for 2-4 players.
- Achievements - Beat personal bests and world records, accumulate medals and earn trophies to unlock extra events and tournaments!
- Create your own customized male or female athlete with their own distinctive attributes.
- Compete in great pass-around, Single Card, Multi Card and Nintendo WFC multiplayer modes. Download and beat the world’s best scores via the online Leaderboard!
- Hugely popular genre featuring touch screen controls and rhythm-based events for varied gameplay.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.