141 Pieces Downed in Six Minutes at Press Event for Major League Eating: The Game for WiiWare.
SAN FRANCISCO, CALIF. - Apr 30, 2008 - Ingestion history has been made. Friday, April 11, 2008 professional eater, Tim ‘Eater X’ Janus, set the world sushi eating record with 141 pieces of sushi eaten in six minutes at a San Francisco press event to preview the upcoming WiiWare title, Major League Eating: The Game.
Mastiff, international publisher of videogames and interactive entertainment, under license of Major League Eating (MLE) and the International Federation of Competitive Eating (IFOCE) has created Major League Eating: The Game, which will makes its debut as an exclusive on WiiWare(TM), Nintendo’s new downloadable game service for the Wii(TM) console, which launches May 12 in North America. The game will make extensive use of the Wii Remote(TM) to simulate the fast and furious action of a professional eating competition.
From the lovely Spanish Suite of the Clift hotel in the surprisingly sunny and warm city of San Francisco, CA, Tim Janus, a 31-year-old professional stock trader from New York, NY is the IFOCE’s fourth ranked eater in the world. In addition to the record he set last week for sushi eating, Janus also holds eating records for consuming tamales, burritos, cannoli, and ramen noodles.
Starting next month, Mastiff is giving gamers a chance to take a bite out of that title and many others from the comforts of their own home with Major League Eating: The Game for Wii’s upcoming new WiiWare(TM) channel.
Like the Turducken, Major League Eating: The Game is jam packed with a cornucopia of fun food action:
- Play as any one of 10 MLE gurgitory athletes and duke it out against the CPU or against a friend, for some two player head-to-head action MLE style.
- Once you have honed your eating skills you can take your game online using Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection and chow down against players all over the nation.
- Become MLE champ and post your score to the scoreboard for all to see.
- Over 12 different foods that will satisfy your virtual palate including: Hotdogs, Hamburgers, Watermelon, Pizza, Shrimp, Sushi, Meatballs, Corn on the Cob and more!
- Offensive, defensive and counter attacks allow you to swallow your competition whole.
“With the help of the IFOCE and its eaters we are able to create an enjoyable and what is sure to be memorable new experience for Nintendo’s hot new WiiWare channel,” said Bill Swartz, Head Woof at Mastiff Games. “Major League Eating: The Game is sure to satisfy the virtual hunger of all gamers looking for something fresh and fun.”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.