By now you’ve seen it, played it, experienced it or probably had a good time with it and now with the Rock Band Track Pack Volume 2 you can expand your experience with 20 more rockin’ song tracks. This is the first time the Track Pack has made its way onto the Xbox 360, but probably won’t be the last time judging by the games overall popularity.
In essence this is a disc with an eclectic sampling of 20 songs that can be downloaded via the Xbox LIVE Marketplace, but this is probably geared more towards those people who aren’t online for one reason or another. This could also be a good entry into the Rock Band series as this could be used as a stand alone game, so if you’ve got instruments laying around from another rhythm game which shall not be named you could probably use those here. The added bonus is that the disc includes a code to download the 20 tracks to your Rock Band library.
The full track listing looks like this:
- The Cars - “Just What I Needed”
- Devo - “Girl U Want”
- Disturbed - “Indestructible”
- Duran Duran - “Rio”
- Fall Out Boy - “This Ain’t a Scene”
- Garbage - “Why Do You Love Me”
- Judas Priest - “You Got Another Thing Comin’”
- Lynyrd Skynyrd - “Simple Man”
- Maximo Park - “Girls Who Play Guitars”
- Mötley Crüe - “Saints of Los Angeles”
- Nine Inch Nails - “The Perfect Drug”
- Papa Roach - “Time is Running Out”
- Pixies - “Monkey Gone to Heaven”
- The Police - “Message in a Bottle”
- Red Hot Chili Peppers - “Snow (Hey Oh)”
- Smashing Pumpkins - “Zero”
- Weezer - “El Scorcho”
- Avenged Sevenfold - “Afterlife”
- Blondie - “Call Me”
- Angels & Airwaves - “It Hurts”
There’s a lot of variety, so it’s easy to find a song that is instantly recognizable to just about anyone.
The nice thing about the Track Pack is that you can take your game and bump up the replay value to a new level with 20 new songs. The bad part is that if you’re just not a fan of these songs you’ll find nothing more than new music that you’re going to want to skip. Still, because this game is so great for parties and gatherings it’s always better to have more music than less, so you’ll definitely keep the party going on longer with the Rock Band Track Pack Volume 2 well into the wee hours of the night.
The value of this disc to you is dependent on just how much you like Rock Band, but the fact that you will get 20 new tracks to lengthen the overall experience of the game is immeasurable, so if you want to get the most rock for your buck this is definitely an easy pick up for you. Or maybe you just never felt the need to play the game online, this would also make the game far more enjoyable for you and you won’t just have to dig it out for the occasional get-together.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.